Elder David A. Bednar speaks at CES fireside, says we must not shrink
It is through trusting in the Lord's will and timing — like the young couple and Elder Maxwell — that individuals will learn essential lessons for eternity as they work through affliction and hardship.
"This young man and young woman were blessed in extraordinary ways to learn essential lessons for eternity through affliction and hardship. ... [They] are just like so many of you, [as they] came to understand that not shrinking is more important than surviving. Thus, their experience was not primarily about living and dying; rather, it was about learning, living and becoming."
Sister Bednar also addressed the young adults of the Church. She spoke of having the ears to hear the word of the Lord, the eyes to see his plan, the feet to follow His path and the heart to understand the gift of the Atonement of Jesus Christ.
"The atonement of Jesus Christ strengthens us to do hard things, things we don't think we can do when we don't understand God's will and timing in our lives," she said.
- 'Because of Him': LDS video on Christ...
- Tabernacle Choir performs Handel's 'Messiah'...
- First Presidency Easter Message
- Miracles found at new temple in Florida
- The story behind the missionary reality TV...
- The Book of Mormon claims No. 1 spot on list...
- Watch: Mormon Tabernacle Choir performs...
- How much did President Obama donate to his...
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 90
- Zeroing in on religious hubs, atheists... 78
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 78
- The Book of Mormon claims No. 1 spot on... 51
- How much did President Obama donate to... 46
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Tipping points:... 37
- Elizabeth Smart talks forgiveness and... 24
- The story behind the missionary reality... 15