Elder David A. Bednar speaks at CES fireside, says we must not shrink
It is through trusting in the Lord's will and timing — like the young couple and Elder Maxwell — that individuals will learn essential lessons for eternity as they work through affliction and hardship.
"This young man and young woman were blessed in extraordinary ways to learn essential lessons for eternity through affliction and hardship. ... [They] are just like so many of you, [as they] came to understand that not shrinking is more important than surviving. Thus, their experience was not primarily about living and dying; rather, it was about learning, living and becoming."
Sister Bednar also addressed the young adults of the Church. She spoke of having the ears to hear the word of the Lord, the eyes to see his plan, the feet to follow His path and the heart to understand the gift of the Atonement of Jesus Christ.
"The atonement of Jesus Christ strengthens us to do hard things, things we don't think we can do when we don't understand God's will and timing in our lives," she said.
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- Wright Words: Idaho woman learns to...
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'...
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- LDS World: Receiving comfort in our afflictions
- Actress Leah Remini criticized after...
- Returned Mormon missionaries in college...
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Temple tax: European court rules LDS... 100
- Gay marriage debate is changing how... 84
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'... 56
- When Satan steals your motherhood 44
- Defending the Faith: Where is Mount Sinai? 24
- Director Darren Aronofsky’s... 20
- Local religious leaders urge support... 20
- Actress Leah Remini criticized after... 14