Utah women's basketball: Ute women close out regular season with win over Oregon
EUGENE, Ore. — The Utah women's basketball team closed out the regular season with a 70-52 win over Oregon on Sunday, March 3.
Four players scored in double figures for the Utes, led by 18 points and nine rebounds from Taryn Wicijowski. Iwalani Rodrigues scored 17 points with eight rebounds and Michelle Plouffe tallied 13 points and had eight boards with a career-high eight assists, and Cheyenne Wilson tied her career high with 12 points.
Utah jumped out quickly, taking a 15-6 lead through the first six minutes of the game. The Utes led by as many as 17 points in the first half, leading 41-25 at halftime. It was the most first-half points Utah has scored in Pac-12 play, and the most since scoring 41 first-half points against Utah State on Nov. 27. The Utes 6-of-12 from three-point range in the first half.
Utah led by as many as 25 points in the second half. Oregon was able to take advantage of a five-minute scoring drought to cut the lead to 15 points, 63-48 with four minutes left in the game, but the Utes scored the next seven points to push the lead back up to 22 with 1:30 left in the game, 70-48.
The Utes shot 48 percent from the floor and were 11-for-11 from the free-throw line.
Utah will open the conference tournament on Thursday, March 7. Utah is the sixth seed playing 11th-seeded Arizona at 2:30 p.m. MT.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 73
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 61
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34