Utah women's basketball: Ute women close out regular season with win over Oregon
EUGENE, Ore. — The Utah women's basketball team closed out the regular season with a 70-52 win over Oregon on Sunday, March 3.
Four players scored in double figures for the Utes, led by 18 points and nine rebounds from Taryn Wicijowski. Iwalani Rodrigues scored 17 points with eight rebounds and Michelle Plouffe tallied 13 points and had eight boards with a career-high eight assists, and Cheyenne Wilson tied her career high with 12 points.
Utah jumped out quickly, taking a 15-6 lead through the first six minutes of the game. The Utes led by as many as 17 points in the first half, leading 41-25 at halftime. It was the most first-half points Utah has scored in Pac-12 play, and the most since scoring 41 first-half points against Utah State on Nov. 27. The Utes 6-of-12 from three-point range in the first half.
Utah led by as many as 25 points in the second half. Oregon was able to take advantage of a five-minute scoring drought to cut the lead to 15 points, 63-48 with four minutes left in the game, but the Utes scored the next seven points to push the lead back up to 22 with 1:30 left in the game, 70-48.
The Utes shot 48 percent from the floor and were 11-for-11 from the free-throw line.
Utah will open the conference tournament on Thursday, March 7. Utah is the sixth seed playing 11th-seeded Arizona at 2:30 p.m. MT.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- High school football: Hunter Wolverines 2015...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 113
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 27
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 22
- Whittingham says Hatfield is still... 21