LM Otero, ASSOCIATED PRESS
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) — Kevin Butler scored 21 points on 7-of-15 shooting including five 3-pointers and Texas-Arlington defeated Utah State 61-46 on Saturday night.
Texas-Arlington (17-10, 11-5 WAC) led 28-22 at halftime but used a 17-6 run to begin the second half capped off by Greg Gainey's fast break lay-up to give the Mavericks their largest lead of the game and a 45-28 lead with 12:32 to go.
Karol Gruszecki scored 14 points and Cameron Catlett had nine points, six assists and four rebounds for Texas-Arlington, which shot 40.7 percent from the field and hit 11 3-pointers.
Marcel Davis led Utah State (19-9, 9-7) with 15 points, TeNale Roland had 12 points and six rebounds and Jarred Shaw ended the night with 11 points and eight rebounds. The Aggies shot only 30.4 percent from the floor and had 16 turnovers in their first trip to Arlington in program history.
Texas-Arlington has won nine of its last 11 contests.
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Ranking the best point guards in the NBA...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars'...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 282
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 92
- Things won't get any easier for... 76
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 46
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 36