LM Otero, ASSOCIATED PRESS
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) — Kevin Butler scored 21 points on 7-of-15 shooting including five 3-pointers and Texas-Arlington defeated Utah State 61-46 on Saturday night.
Texas-Arlington (17-10, 11-5 WAC) led 28-22 at halftime but used a 17-6 run to begin the second half capped off by Greg Gainey's fast break lay-up to give the Mavericks their largest lead of the game and a 45-28 lead with 12:32 to go.
Karol Gruszecki scored 14 points and Cameron Catlett had nine points, six assists and four rebounds for Texas-Arlington, which shot 40.7 percent from the field and hit 11 3-pointers.
Marcel Davis led Utah State (19-9, 9-7) with 15 points, TeNale Roland had 12 points and six rebounds and Jarred Shaw ended the night with 11 points and eight rebounds. The Aggies shot only 30.4 percent from the floor and had 16 turnovers in their first trip to Arlington in program history.
Texas-Arlington has won nine of its last 11 contests.
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Gordon Hayward happy to be moving on with...
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- Sunday morning QB: Stars and stats from No....
- Cougars gain a lot over Final Four weekend...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 63
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 53
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 30
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28