LM Otero, ASSOCIATED PRESS
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) — Kevin Butler scored 21 points on 7-of-15 shooting including five 3-pointers and Texas-Arlington defeated Utah State 61-46 on Saturday night.
Texas-Arlington (17-10, 11-5 WAC) led 28-22 at halftime but used a 17-6 run to begin the second half capped off by Greg Gainey's fast break lay-up to give the Mavericks their largest lead of the game and a 45-28 lead with 12:32 to go.
Karol Gruszecki scored 14 points and Cameron Catlett had nine points, six assists and four rebounds for Texas-Arlington, which shot 40.7 percent from the field and hit 11 3-pointers.
Marcel Davis led Utah State (19-9, 9-7) with 15 points, TeNale Roland had 12 points and six rebounds and Jarred Shaw ended the night with 11 points and eight rebounds. The Aggies shot only 30.4 percent from the floor and had 16 turnovers in their first trip to Arlington in program history.
Texas-Arlington has won nine of its last 11 contests.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans in...
- Utah football: Quarterback Kendal Thompson...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 109
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 33
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 27
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20