LM Otero, ASSOCIATED PRESS
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) — Kevin Butler scored 21 points on 7-of-15 shooting including five 3-pointers and Texas-Arlington defeated Utah State 61-46 on Saturday night.
Texas-Arlington (17-10, 11-5 WAC) led 28-22 at halftime but used a 17-6 run to begin the second half capped off by Greg Gainey's fast break lay-up to give the Mavericks their largest lead of the game and a 45-28 lead with 12:32 to go.
Karol Gruszecki scored 14 points and Cameron Catlett had nine points, six assists and four rebounds for Texas-Arlington, which shot 40.7 percent from the field and hit 11 3-pointers.
Marcel Davis led Utah State (19-9, 9-7) with 15 points, TeNale Roland had 12 points and six rebounds and Jarred Shaw ended the night with 11 points and eight rebounds. The Aggies shot only 30.4 percent from the floor and had 16 turnovers in their first trip to Arlington in program history.
Texas-Arlington has won nine of its last 11 contests.
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- Olympic gold-medal sailor tells of gunpoint...
- A look at Day 2 at French Open
- Lowry, DeRozan lead Raptors to 105-99 win...
- UCLA agrees to 15-year deal with Under Armour
- Atlanta, Miami, Los Angeles selected to host...
- Even before easy win, good day for Serena...
- Westbrook, Thunder put Warriors on brink of...
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 147
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 68
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back... 50
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 48
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 41
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 37
- Why can't we be friends? BYU-Utah fans... 28
- Video: 100 days until college football... 27