Utah State basketball: 5 Questions with Aggie all-time leading scorer Devyn Christensen
Q: Now that you've had some time to let it sink in, what does being the school's all-time leading scorer mean to you?
A: It means a lot to me. It's a cool individual honor. It also means a lot for all the seniors on the team — Banna (Diop), Pualei (Furtado) and Jenna (Johnson). They've all been here with me every step of the way and have been the ones getting me the ball.
Q: The team started out a little slow, but has really turned it on in conference play, winning eight of your last nine games. what has changed?
A: Yeah, we lost that last one (at New Mexico State 106-94), but we've been playing pretty well. I think it took us some time to get used to everything. We had new players and a new coach (Jerry Finkbeiner) and it took some time to get adjusted to the new system.
Q: You the lead the team in free-throw percentage (91.7 percent) and the team leads the country in free-throw percentage at 80 percent. Is there something you do that makes you so good from the line?
A: Coach makes us eat our Wheaties every morning. We have a lot of good shooters, and we practice our free throws a lot. That's pretty cool; I didn't even know we were the best in the nation.
Q: You are in the home stretch in WAC play. What do you have to do to win the title?
A: This has been one of our goals all season, to be WAC Champs. We know what we have to do, and we are in a good position in the standings. We just have to play our game and stay in our system.
Q: Want to make a prediction for the rest of the season?
A: (Laughs) No. I don't do that anymore; I've learned my lesson. I think we will do well, but no predictions.
- Athletes using sports platforms to push for...
- NFL clears Peyton Manning of HGH allegations
- 7 Russian swimmers to miss Rio Olympics over...
- Michael Jordan gives $2 million; looks to...
- Cubs get closer Aroldis Chapman in trade with...
- Roger Federer says he is out for Olympics,...
- Mickelson not close to being over runner-up...
- College Football Playoff moves most future...
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 62
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 58
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 57
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 51
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 37
- Big 12 watch: BYU's success in football... 34
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 26
- Former Utah punter Tom Hackett waived... 20