Utah State basketball: 5 Questions with Aggie all-time leading scorer Devyn Christensen
Q: Now that you've had some time to let it sink in, what does being the school's all-time leading scorer mean to you?
A: It means a lot to me. It's a cool individual honor. It also means a lot for all the seniors on the team — Banna (Diop), Pualei (Furtado) and Jenna (Johnson). They've all been here with me every step of the way and have been the ones getting me the ball.
Q: The team started out a little slow, but has really turned it on in conference play, winning eight of your last nine games. what has changed?
A: Yeah, we lost that last one (at New Mexico State 106-94), but we've been playing pretty well. I think it took us some time to get used to everything. We had new players and a new coach (Jerry Finkbeiner) and it took some time to get adjusted to the new system.
Q: You the lead the team in free-throw percentage (91.7 percent) and the team leads the country in free-throw percentage at 80 percent. Is there something you do that makes you so good from the line?
A: Coach makes us eat our Wheaties every morning. We have a lot of good shooters, and we practice our free throws a lot. That's pretty cool; I didn't even know we were the best in the nation.
Q: You are in the home stretch in WAC play. What do you have to do to win the title?
A: This has been one of our goals all season, to be WAC Champs. We know what we have to do, and we are in a good position in the standings. We just have to play our game and stay in our system.
Q: Want to make a prediction for the rest of the season?
A: (Laughs) No. I don't do that anymore; I've learned my lesson. I think we will do well, but no predictions.
- The 16 most interesting college lists...
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain Covey's...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit after ACC...
- Lone Peak guard, former BYU commit Jackson,...
- Doug Robinson: What might have been for the...
- BYU basketball: Cougars shake up starting...
- Morning links: Were the Utes the latest...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 73
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 61
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35