Letter: Small business pays more for the same service when it comes to Frontrunner
Ravell Call, Deseret News
My father owned his own business, and now my husband works for a small engineering firm. I know I should be used to the way small business is treated, but it still bothers me. My husband works in Murray and we live in Centerville. With the new train schedule he wanted to start riding Frontrunner, but it is rather expensive. My father-in-law takes the train and is able to get a deep discount through his work. My husband looked into it and was told there is no discount for small businesses.
Once again small business pays more for the same service. UTA is political subdivision of the state. It seems to be how things work these days. If you work for the government (or a company using government subsidies) you get a free pass, if you are big business you get a discount, if you are a small business you pay full price.
- In our opinion: Mounting evidence suggests...
- About Utah: A big deal just got bigger
- In our opinion: U.S. Conference of Catholic...
- In our opinion: Trump unmatched as a...
- My view: Have we crippled our kids with a...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Politicos...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Whatever happened to the...
- Letter: Good Samaritan
- In our opinion: Trump unmatched as a... 69
- In our opinion: Mounting evidence... 39
- George F. Will: The low depths of... 27
- Letter: Good Samaritan 22
- In our opinion: U.S. Conference of... 20
- Letter: Inversion concerns 19
- My view: Keystone Pipeline not in... 17
- A. Scott Anderson: Inversions will... 16