Letter: Small business pays more for the same service when it comes to Frontrunner
Ravell Call, Deseret News
My father owned his own business, and now my husband works for a small engineering firm. I know I should be used to the way small business is treated, but it still bothers me. My husband works in Murray and we live in Centerville. With the new train schedule he wanted to start riding Frontrunner, but it is rather expensive. My father-in-law takes the train and is able to get a deep discount through his work. My husband looked into it and was told there is no discount for small businesses.
Once again small business pays more for the same service. UTA is political subdivision of the state. It seems to be how things work these days. If you work for the government (or a company using government subsidies) you get a free pass, if you are big business you get a discount, if you are a small business you pay full price.
- Doug Robinson: Violence against women is...
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act needs...
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'?
- Join the discussion: Is feminism misunderstood?
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- The relationship between religiosity and...
- My view: Powdr Corp and Park City Mountain...
- My view: A global warming solution to grow...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 114
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 73
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 53
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 51
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 38
- In our opinion: Use market forces and... 35
- My view: A global warming solution to... 35