Letter: Small business pays more for the same service when it comes to Frontrunner
Ravell Call, Deseret News
My father owned his own business, and now my husband works for a small engineering firm. I know I should be used to the way small business is treated, but it still bothers me. My husband works in Murray and we live in Centerville. With the new train schedule he wanted to start riding Frontrunner, but it is rather expensive. My father-in-law takes the train and is able to get a deep discount through his work. My husband looked into it and was told there is no discount for small businesses.
Once again small business pays more for the same service. UTA is political subdivision of the state. It seems to be how things work these days. If you work for the government (or a company using government subsidies) you get a free pass, if you are big business you get a discount, if you are a small business you pay full price.
- Ralph Hancock: Society cannot 'progress'...
- 19 songs to consider as replacements for the...
- My view: Medicaid will sting Beehive State's...
- Letter: Moral decline
- Jay Evensen: U2's 'free' album highlights...
- Letter: My sons
- John Hoffmire: Unknowingly raising another...
- Brian S. Brown: In defending marriage, Utah...
- Letter: Moral decline 88
- Ralph Hancock: Society cannot... 66
- Brian S. Brown: In defending marriage,... 55
- In our opinion: Some universities... 46
- Politico Magazine: If Mitt Romney runs... 44
- Robert Bennett: Obama should not move... 40
- My view: Government broadband spells... 28
- In our opinion: Revisiting racial... 25