YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK — Yellowstone National Park's winter season is drawing to a close this week.
Park roads that serve commercially guided snowmobile and snow coach travel will be closed in stages beginning Friday.
Over snow travel into the park from Mammoth Hot Springs will end at 9 p.m. Sunday.
Old Faithful will remain accessible from both the West and South Entrances until March 15, when all remaining interior parks roads will close.
At Old Faithful, the Snow Lodge and Cabins will close for the winter season on Sunday. The Geyser Grill, Bear Den Gift Shop and the Visitor Education Center will remain open through March 15.
- Consumer group lists '10 worst toys' for kids
- Under pressure, Hagel steps down as Pentagon...
- 'Mockingjay, Part 1' opens with $123 million
- Evacuation plans readied as Buffalo flooding...
- Obama: Americans want 'new car smell' in 2016
- Winners and losers under Obama's immigration...
- Buffalo residents ready melt, possible...
- Q&A with President Henry B. Eyring, Elder L....
- President Obama's immigration reforms... 65
- Utah members of Congress slam Obama's... 56
- Pastors opposed to same-sex marriage... 39
- Fact check: Obama's claims on illegal... 18
- Winners and losers under Obama's... 17
- Obama: Americans want 'new car smell'... 17
- President Obama's immigration speech... 14
- Boehner: 'We will not stand idle' on... 14