In nearly every state in the U.S., congressional district and state legislative district boundaries are drawn to favor one political party or another. As a result, we have drowned out moderate and sensible voices in our political processes. We need people who will see the big picture in Washington and own the problems. Mostly, such men and women will not even run for office any longer. Sequestration is one of consequences of these types of policies.
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a liberal?
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell
- Michael Gerson: A Senate takeover — No...
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation that...
- In our opinion: Technology in today's schools...
- My view: Congress must tackle tough issues
- Anne Loeser: Reverse trends about breast cancer
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 148
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the... 87
- In our opinion: New conservative war on... 53
- In our opinion: Where has the family... 50
- Letter: What is ‘common good?’ 31
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 28
- Letter: Uninformed candidate 26
- In our opinion: School reformers should... 25