In nearly every state in the U.S., congressional district and state legislative district boundaries are drawn to favor one political party or another. As a result, we have drowned out moderate and sensible voices in our political processes. We need people who will see the big picture in Washington and own the problems. Mostly, such men and women will not even run for office any longer. Sequestration is one of consequences of these types of policies.
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test?
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Are...
- 19 songs to consider as replacements for the...
- Charles Krauthammer: The jihadi logic
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on marriage?
- John Florez: Utah public education is a house...
- Catherine Rampell: Have America's public...
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on... 93
- Letter: Bush dilemma 2.0 37
- George F. Will: Obama needs Congress to... 27
- Richard Davis: Scots — Be brave,... 25
- In our opinion: Accountability,... 25
- My view: Intergenerational poverty the... 19
- Mary Barker: Religion and politics... 17
- In our opinion: How committed are... 17