Tom Smart, Deseret News
I'm annoyed and appalled at recent negative statements in the direction of Lt. Gov. Greg Bell. I suspect that Bell and myself are for the most part on opposite sides of the political fence, and yet I consider him to be one of the most honest and dedicated persons I've ever observed. He's exactly the kind of public official we hope to find in those we elect.
Those who are loading their water cannons with mud need to clean them out and come up with actual ammunition to fire in the direction of the other state official who is really under suspicion from all quarters. I believe Bell is as honest as the year is long.
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet
- School fees: Is Utah really family friendly?
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to inversion is...
- Letter: Society puzzles
- 20 of the most influential and innovative...
- Equality in family life does not mean sameness
- Jay Evensen: Utahns support Common Core, even...
- Michael Gerson: State of Israel: History...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb:... 82
- Letter: Police brutality 62
- School fees: Is Utah really family... 48
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do... 42
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet 39
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 35
- Letter: Society puzzles 32