Tom Smart, Deseret News
I'm annoyed and appalled at recent negative statements in the direction of Lt. Gov. Greg Bell. I suspect that Bell and myself are for the most part on opposite sides of the political fence, and yet I consider him to be one of the most honest and dedicated persons I've ever observed. He's exactly the kind of public official we hope to find in those we elect.
Those who are loading their water cannons with mud need to clean them out and come up with actual ammunition to fire in the direction of the other state official who is really under suspicion from all quarters. I believe Bell is as honest as the year is long.
- Letter: Shredded Constitution
- My view: Poor federal stewardship threatens...
- Neil Flinders: Keeping track of school funds...
- Letter: Messy tax code
- About Utah: They got exactly what they wished...
- My view: $1.2 billion for nutrient removal is...
- In our opinion: Don't let 50-year-old Land...
- Letter: Evaluate water usage
- Letter: Shredded Constitution 86
- Letter: Sovereign flag 47
- In our opinion: After court's marriage... 42
- Robert J. Samuelson: Are policies... 28
- Sistas in Zion: Reaction to racial... 18
- In our opinion: APUSH in the wrong... 18
- Letter: Nationwide health care 17
- My view: Why America exists: A Fourth... 15