Tom Smart, Deseret News
I'm annoyed and appalled at recent negative statements in the direction of Lt. Gov. Greg Bell. I suspect that Bell and myself are for the most part on opposite sides of the political fence, and yet I consider him to be one of the most honest and dedicated persons I've ever observed. He's exactly the kind of public official we hope to find in those we elect.
Those who are loading their water cannons with mud need to clean them out and come up with actual ammunition to fire in the direction of the other state official who is really under suspicion from all quarters. I believe Bell is as honest as the year is long.
- In our opinion: Tragedy in Aleppo should...
- My view: Waste, fraud in education hammering...
- Richard Davis: Who needs to go to the bathroom
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, politics and...
- Letter: Where's the action?
- Letter: BYU in a conference?
- Jay Evensen: Utah's election is clear as mud
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter moment:...
- My view: A de-sexed society is a... 73
- Orrin Hatch: My meeting with Supreme... 45
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter... 43
- Richard Davis: Who needs to go to the... 37
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, politics... 23
- In our opinion: Not all economic... 20
- Letter: Trump's delegate count 20
- Letter: Where's the action? 17