Tom Smart, Deseret News
I'm annoyed and appalled at recent negative statements in the direction of Lt. Gov. Greg Bell. I suspect that Bell and myself are for the most part on opposite sides of the political fence, and yet I consider him to be one of the most honest and dedicated persons I've ever observed. He's exactly the kind of public official we hope to find in those we elect.
Those who are loading their water cannons with mud need to clean them out and come up with actual ammunition to fire in the direction of the other state official who is really under suspicion from all quarters. I believe Bell is as honest as the year is long.
- David Butterfield: Utah boxing legends...
- In our opinion: Recent drowning of 800...
- Jay Evensen: U.S. silence troubling amid...
- Fredric Rolando: U.S. Postal Service still...
- A. Scott Anderson: Overregulation hurts bank...
- Letter: Climate change is unjustified rhetoric
- John Florez: Teach our children the love of...
- Letter: We can do better
- Richard Davis: A historic moment for... 60
- Jay Evensen: U.S. silence troubling... 55
- Letter: Fair living wage 33
- In our opinion: Time to separate food... 25
- Letter: Pledge for respect 24
- A. Scott Anderson: Overregulation hurts... 24
- In our opinion: Recent drowning of 800... 19
- Letter: Climate change is unjustified... 17