Tom Smart, Deseret News
I'm annoyed and appalled at recent negative statements in the direction of Lt. Gov. Greg Bell. I suspect that Bell and myself are for the most part on opposite sides of the political fence, and yet I consider him to be one of the most honest and dedicated persons I've ever observed. He's exactly the kind of public official we hope to find in those we elect.
Those who are loading their water cannons with mud need to clean them out and come up with actual ammunition to fire in the direction of the other state official who is really under suspicion from all quarters. I believe Bell is as honest as the year is long.
- In our opinion: Scouting success will come...
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus vote
- Lois M. Collins: Kids' summer 'bucket list'...
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- Top scandals and controversies of each United...
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation of...
- Letters: Government, health care
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate
- Letters: No welfare, ever 66
- Letter: The real death panel:... 30
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus... 30
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate 26
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation... 25
- Matthew Sanders: Imploding trust in... 20
- Charles Krauthammer: Americans deserve... 17
- Michael Gerson: As government's... 15