PARK CITY, Utah Womens ski jumping will be featured on NBCs Rock Center with Brian Williams on Friday, March 1 at 10 p.m.
The segment, Flight Delay, shares the story of Lindsey Van and her teammates as they train to compete and make their Olympic debut in Sochi 2014.
"I've watched Olympic ski jumping since I was a kid, but I simply never realized there was a reason I was watching only MEN do the jumping, said Rock Center Correspondent Kate Snow. When I heard about the fight these women have waged, I wanted to meet them."
The Visa Womens Ski Jumping Team is ranked No. 1 in the world going into the final two World Cup competitions of the season. The team is led by 18-year-old Hendrickson, who recently won gold at the World Championships in Val di Fiemme, Italy.
The next year is going to be both exciting and critical for our U.S. women ski jumpers and were thrilled that Kate Snow and NBCs Rock Center chose to tell their inspiring story in prime time, Corradini said.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 82
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain... 24