McDonald's Corp. said it plans to cut its apple walnut salad and Chicken Selects in an effort to make room for new products expected to arrive this spring and summer.
The chain is additionally reviewing options for its Angus Third Pounder, a spokeswoman said Thursday.
The decision likely reflects a desire to make room for new products arriving soon, such as the McWrap sandwich with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, grilled or fried chicken, and a choice of sauce. The Oak Brook, Ill.-based burger giant has also been testing chicken wings.
McEnaney Enterprises, a McDonald's franchisee, tweeted about and posted the menu decisions on the company's Facebook page Tuesday. The page is no longer available, and the franchisee did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
According to a report in the Kentucky New Era, the franchisee wrote, "Sorry if one of these were your favorite. ... They just did not sell well enough nationally." Stores will sell the three items until they run out, according to the story.
- 4 reasons why you shouldn't shop on Black Friday
- These two things are helping California's...
- Our complete guide to Black Friday, Cyber...
- Immigration reform will boost the economy,...
- Working on Thanksgiving Day? Here's why most...
- Salt Lake City opens door for rideshare services
- 3 Reasons holiday shoppers will spend cautiously
- 5 ways to talk about money with your family...
- Obama immigration plan good, not great... 13
- Working on Thanksgiving Day? Here's why... 12
- Immigration reform will boost the... 6
- Thanksgiving trumps Black Friday for deals 4
- Facing health law hikes, consumers mull... 4
- US stocks inch further into record... 1
- 3 Reasons holiday shoppers will spend... 1
- Millions expected to shop on Thanksgiving 1