McDonald's Corp. said it plans to cut its apple walnut salad and Chicken Selects in an effort to make room for new products expected to arrive this spring and summer.
The chain is additionally reviewing options for its Angus Third Pounder, a spokeswoman said Thursday.
The decision likely reflects a desire to make room for new products arriving soon, such as the McWrap sandwich with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, grilled or fried chicken, and a choice of sauce. The Oak Brook, Ill.-based burger giant has also been testing chicken wings.
McEnaney Enterprises, a McDonald's franchisee, tweeted about and posted the menu decisions on the company's Facebook page Tuesday. The page is no longer available, and the franchisee did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
According to a report in the Kentucky New Era, the franchisee wrote, "Sorry if one of these were your favorite. ... They just did not sell well enough nationally." Stores will sell the three items until they run out, according to the story.
- Orem’s most notorious eyesore to be...
- Homes sales down in Salt Lake County for...
- 4 reasons it pays to be thin and assertive,...
- Solar power skates online at Utah Olympic Oval
- New Utah winter tourism campaign unveiled
- Local economy predicted to grow in 2015
- How saving for retirement requires change in...
- Churches preach against payday loans, some...
- Orem’s most notorious eyesore to... 10
- Group outlines long-term plan to... 9
- Charity, it does a body good 3
- Stocks mostly lower as oil sinks,... 2
- Apple CEO Tim Cook says Apple Pay a... 1
- Churches preach against payday loans,... 1
- How saving for retirement requires... 1
- 1 proposal comes in for Salt Lake... 1