McDonald's Corp. said it plans to cut its apple walnut salad and Chicken Selects in an effort to make room for new products expected to arrive this spring and summer.
The chain is additionally reviewing options for its Angus Third Pounder, a spokeswoman said Thursday.
The decision likely reflects a desire to make room for new products arriving soon, such as the McWrap sandwich with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, grilled or fried chicken, and a choice of sauce. The Oak Brook, Ill.-based burger giant has also been testing chicken wings.
McEnaney Enterprises, a McDonald's franchisee, tweeted about and posted the menu decisions on the company's Facebook page Tuesday. The page is no longer available, and the franchisee did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
According to a report in the Kentucky New Era, the franchisee wrote, "Sorry if one of these were your favorite. ... They just did not sell well enough nationally." Stores will sell the three items until they run out, according to the story.
- Customers wait all night, get new iPhone 6
- Review: Larger iPhones eliminate reason to...
- Riverton Hospital expansion aims to meet...
- Burger King Japan's latest meal is the new black
- Yellen says US families need to boost savings
- Phone lines are open: Customers camp out for...
- Dave Ramsey says: Tips for stretching dollars...
- Salt Lake City is now 'Ski City USA' in new...
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- Financial interventions don't work 7
- Salt Lake City is now 'Ski City USA' in... 5
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are... 4
- PepsiCo latest sponsor to voice NFL... 4
- Dave Ramsey says: Tips for stretching... 4
- Customers wait all night, get new iPhone 6 4
- FedEx to add 50,000 seasonal jobs 2