McDonald's Corp. said it plans to cut its apple walnut salad and Chicken Selects in an effort to make room for new products expected to arrive this spring and summer.
The chain is additionally reviewing options for its Angus Third Pounder, a spokeswoman said Thursday.
The decision likely reflects a desire to make room for new products arriving soon, such as the McWrap sandwich with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, grilled or fried chicken, and a choice of sauce. The Oak Brook, Ill.-based burger giant has also been testing chicken wings.
McEnaney Enterprises, a McDonald's franchisee, tweeted about and posted the menu decisions on the company's Facebook page Tuesday. The page is no longer available, and the franchisee did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
According to a report in the Kentucky New Era, the franchisee wrote, "Sorry if one of these were your favorite. ... They just did not sell well enough nationally." Stores will sell the three items until they run out, according to the story.
- Walmart's 20 best-selling Black Friday items
- Intermountain Healthcare offering benefits to...
- DeseretNews.com reaches page view milestone;...
- Collecting online sales tax puts Utah...
- Start thinking about retirement while in your...
- Green energy option in Logan points to a need...
- About Utah: A cheesy way to save the farm
- Dave Ramsey says: An emergency fund...
- Obama declares health care law is... 18
- Intermountain Healthcare offering... 15
- Start thinking about retirement while... 7
- Amazon's latest idea may make online... 6
- About Utah: A cheesy way to save the farm 4
- Walmart's 20 best-selling Black Friday... 4
- DeseretNews.com reaches page view... 4
- Record crowds over weekend, but... 2