McDonald's Corp. said it plans to cut its apple walnut salad and Chicken Selects in an effort to make room for new products expected to arrive this spring and summer.
The chain is additionally reviewing options for its Angus Third Pounder, a spokeswoman said Thursday.
The decision likely reflects a desire to make room for new products arriving soon, such as the McWrap sandwich with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, grilled or fried chicken, and a choice of sauce. The Oak Brook, Ill.-based burger giant has also been testing chicken wings.
McEnaney Enterprises, a McDonald's franchisee, tweeted about and posted the menu decisions on the company's Facebook page Tuesday. The page is no longer available, and the franchisee did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
According to a report in the Kentucky New Era, the franchisee wrote, "Sorry if one of these were your favorite. ... They just did not sell well enough nationally." Stores will sell the three items until they run out, according to the story.
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't touch that 529 plan
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Utah Transit Authority eyeing electric bus...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate with...
- Balancing act: First 'real' job teaches...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 15
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 12
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate... 11
- Sarah Palin launches online... 9
- Does getting married really increase... 8
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention... 8
- Utah Transit Authority eyeing electric... 4