Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah Jazz starting forward Paul Millsap will not play against the Atlanta Hawks tonight due to a sprained left ankle.
Millsap suffered the sprained ankle early against the Boston Celtics on Monday. He had it re-taped and returned to the game. He did not play well after the injury, shooting 1-for-6 in the second half.
Millsap was the only Jazz starter who hadn't missed a game before tonight.
"It's just him taking care of himself," said Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin of Millsap's durability. "A lot of nights when you play, at this time of the year especially, you're not feeling your best until you get out there and play the game. It shows a lot of character, shows a lot of determination to play consecutive games in a row during the season. It's a tough thing to do but it shows who you are."
Derrick Favors will start in Millsap's place. It is just his third start of the season, but Utah is 2-0 when Favors is in the starting lineup. He had nine points and 10 rebounds in an 83-76 victory over Washington, and eight points and eight rebounds in a 102-91 win over Houston in November.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's future...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- BYU football: Fred Warner, other...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Utahns in baseball: Former Ute Morin plays...
- High school football: Hillcrest Huskies 2015...
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 55
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 45
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 35
- Whittingham says Hatfield is still... 29
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 23
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's... 23
- Pac-12 media day: Utah Kyle Whittingham... 16
- Morning links: BYU letting fans... 16