"I grew up wanting to go there," said the offensive tackle from Granger High, who offered Whittingham a verbal commitment for the 2014 season. "It was a dream come true."
Granger head football coach Cecil Thomas sent the U. coaching staff a DVD of highlights from the 2012 season. Coaches invited Thomas and Frison up to visit the campus Tuesday.
"His upside is very huge," said Thomas of the 6-foot-6 290 pound junior. "He ranks up there with all of the good offensive lineman that I've coached over the years."
Frison said he talked with coaches about football and his academic hopes, and then they gave him a tour of the facilities. When the offer was made, Frison immediately accepted.
"We shook hands," Frison said. "There was no hesitation because I already knew what I wanted."
Added Thomas, "Afterward, he was all smiles."
- Week 17 NFL locals roundup & gallery: Ansah...
- Prep Wrestling: state's best wrestlers to...
- How to watch Utah football stars, local...
- Herriman brothers say their bond, competition...
- Prep Wrestling: Mountain View wins Bruin Classic
- Utahns who made us love sports in 2015
- High school basketball: Morby's last-second...
- MountainStar Healthcare Star Athletes of Week 20
- Morning links: BYU's Eric Mika returns... 91
- High school football: 2016 schedules... 5
- Layton junior high wrestler loses... 3
- Morning links: 4 Utahns on ESPN 300... 3
- Ranking the 38 Utah ties selected in... 3
- Dick Harmon: Why NCAA's wise decision... 2
- High school baseball: Herriman rallies... 1
- Skyridge High School 2016 football... 0