"I grew up wanting to go there," said the offensive tackle from Granger High, who offered Whittingham a verbal commitment for the 2014 season. "It was a dream come true."
Granger head football coach Cecil Thomas sent the U. coaching staff a DVD of highlights from the 2012 season. Coaches invited Thomas and Frison up to visit the campus Tuesday.
"His upside is very huge," said Thomas of the 6-foot-6 290 pound junior. "He ranks up there with all of the good offensive lineman that I've coached over the years."
Frison said he talked with coaches about football and his academic hopes, and then they gave him a tour of the facilities. When the offer was made, Frison immediately accepted.
"We shook hands," Frison said. "There was no hesitation because I already knew what I wanted."
Added Thomas, "Afterward, he was all smiles."
- Source: Kyle Whittingham not being forced out...
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act together
- Bingham nearly topples undefeated Florida...
- Dick Harmon: BYU starters lose 3-point range...
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look at...
- Hill, Whittingham meet after football...
- Pangos, Wiltjer lead Gonzaga to victory over...
- Utah Jazz legend John Stockton, Weber State...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 117
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 75
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 63
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 52
- Hill, Whittingham meet after football... 41
- Source: Kyle Whittingham not being... 40
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act... 36
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look... 21