"I grew up wanting to go there," said the offensive tackle from Granger High, who offered Whittingham a verbal commitment for the 2014 season. "It was a dream come true."
Granger head football coach Cecil Thomas sent the U. coaching staff a DVD of highlights from the 2012 season. Coaches invited Thomas and Frison up to visit the campus Tuesday.
"His upside is very huge," said Thomas of the 6-foot-6 290 pound junior. "He ranks up there with all of the good offensive lineman that I've coached over the years."
Frison said he talked with coaches about football and his academic hopes, and then they gave him a tour of the facilities. When the offer was made, Frison immediately accepted.
"We shook hands," Frison said. "There was no hesitation because I already knew what I wanted."
Added Thomas, "Afterward, he was all smiles."
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coaches will take the win...
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Utah State infographic: Aggies' Keeton...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 65
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 58
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 54
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Dick Harmon: It's Taysom Hill time on... 28