"I grew up wanting to go there," said the offensive tackle from Granger High, who offered Whittingham a verbal commitment for the 2014 season. "It was a dream come true."
Granger head football coach Cecil Thomas sent the U. coaching staff a DVD of highlights from the 2012 season. Coaches invited Thomas and Frison up to visit the campus Tuesday.
"His upside is very huge," said Thomas of the 6-foot-6 290 pound junior. "He ranks up there with all of the good offensive lineman that I've coached over the years."
Frison said he talked with coaches about football and his academic hopes, and then they gave him a tour of the facilities. When the offer was made, Frison immediately accepted.
"We shook hands," Frison said. "There was no hesitation because I already knew what I wanted."
Added Thomas, "Afterward, he was all smiles."
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70
- BYU looking forward to big showdown at No. 3...
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Cougars take center stage...
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- 5A boys state tournament roundup: Layton...
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle with Arizona
- Layton steps up big late to secure a 48-46...
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 92
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 83
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 63
- Utes bounce back, blast Sun Devils 50
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70 36
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 30
- Morning links: Examining BYU's at-large... 29
- BYU looking forward to big showdown at... 25