Brad Rodu ("Smokers are routinely misinformed," Feb. 15) needs to remember that tobacco contains a deadly poison. Every form of tobacco contains a health risk. If tobacco was being introduced to the public today it would not receive the FDA's approval. Tobacco offers no benefits, health or otherwise, and the tobacco habit is very expensive.
Since Rodu seems to be promoting smokeless tobacco, perhaps he needs to disclose from which tobacco product he is receiving income.
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Why the working-class...
- In our opinion: The 3 levels of Christmas
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- This year's most popular editorials
- Robert Bennett: Lesson for Cruz —...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Cogitating on...
- In our opinion: Flawed torture report didn't...
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 64
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 48
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- Letter: Police not the problem 24
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation... 22
- Reconnecting with Cuba is a good move... 21
- Lessons from 'Christmas Carol' 19