Brad Rodu ("Smokers are routinely misinformed," Feb. 15) needs to remember that tobacco contains a deadly poison. Every form of tobacco contains a health risk. If tobacco was being introduced to the public today it would not receive the FDA's approval. Tobacco offers no benefits, health or otherwise, and the tobacco habit is very expensive.
Since Rodu seems to be promoting smokeless tobacco, perhaps he needs to disclose from which tobacco product he is receiving income.
- Doug Robinson: We are in the midst of an era...
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it
- Michael Gerson: The gospel according to JC...
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum wage
- Robert J. Samuelson: Government programs...
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before...
- In our opinion: Forgiveness, positive focus...
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 62
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 54
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 41
- Letter: Doctors unite 40
- Letter: Elected representatives 36
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 31
- Michael E. Kraft: Yes, Congress should... 22
- Letter: No limits 20