Getting ready for Tax Day
There are many options for preparing to file your taxes
Volunteers can inform taxpayers about special tax credits for which they may qualify such as the Earned Income Tax Credit, the Child Tax Credit, and Credit for the Elderly or the Disabled. VITA sites are generally located at community and neighborhood centers, libraries, schools, shopping malls and other convenient locations. For more information, visit www.irs.gov/Individuals/Find-a-Location-for-Free-Tax-Prep.
The TCE Program offers free tax help to people who are 60 years of age and older, specializing in questions about pensions and retirement issues unique to seniors. IRS-certified volunteers who provide tax counseling are often retired individuals associated with non-profit organizations that receive grants from the IRS.
In addition to traditional face-to-face tax preparation, the IRS is offering a self-assistance service at many VITA and TCE locations. If individuals have a simple tax return and need a little help or do not have access to a computer, they can visit one of the participating tax preparation sites and a volunteer will guide them through the process.
For help or information on tax assistance in Utah, dial 211 or visit .www.utahtaxhelp.org/.
Taxpayers can also visit irs.gov or dial 1-800-829-1040 (individuals) or 1-800-829-4933 (businesses).
- 30 best cities for starting a business
- Here's why your teen can't find work
- States explore free community college
- Top 10 cities for smallest income inequality gap
- Money mistakes to avoid in your 20s
- Why the rise of smart machines could...
- How will students pay for soaring debt? Tax...
- Which cities have the best income equality?...
- How will students pay for soaring debt?... 81
- Here's why your teen can't find work 24
- Why the rise of smart machines could... 18
- States explore free community college 17
- Which cities have the best income... 12
- Money mistakes to avoid in your 20s 8
- Americans spend how much on pets? 3
- The Mortgage Professor: Unmarried... 2