Getting ready for Tax Day
There are many options for preparing to file your taxes
Volunteers can inform taxpayers about special tax credits for which they may qualify such as the Earned Income Tax Credit, the Child Tax Credit, and Credit for the Elderly or the Disabled. VITA sites are generally located at community and neighborhood centers, libraries, schools, shopping malls and other convenient locations. For more information, visit www.irs.gov/Individuals/Find-a-Location-for-Free-Tax-Prep.
The TCE Program offers free tax help to people who are 60 years of age and older, specializing in questions about pensions and retirement issues unique to seniors. IRS-certified volunteers who provide tax counseling are often retired individuals associated with non-profit organizations that receive grants from the IRS.
In addition to traditional face-to-face tax preparation, the IRS is offering a self-assistance service at many VITA and TCE locations. If individuals have a simple tax return and need a little help or do not have access to a computer, they can visit one of the participating tax preparation sites and a volunteer will guide them through the process.
For help or information on tax assistance in Utah, dial 211 or visit .www.utahtaxhelp.org/.
Taxpayers can also visit irs.gov or dial 1-800-829-1040 (individuals) or 1-800-829-4933 (businesses).
- McCostly: Where to get the cheapest Quarter...
- Technical timing: How to know when to upgrade...
- Mistake or Miracle: New evidence on the...
- Birth control coverage up for federal appeal
- 2 Utah high schools ranked among the best in...
- Want more success in the workplace? Make...
- 'Mantiques' could be a ticket to more cash
- Dave Ramsey says: In unique circumstances,...
- US unemployment aid applications fall... 6
- Birth control coverage up for federal... 5
- AIG CEO tells college graduates facing... 5
- Star Trek money tips to live long and... 4
- 2 Utah high schools ranked among the... 4
- 'Mantiques' could be a ticket to more cash 2
- Dave Ramsey says: In unique... 1
- US rate on 30-year mortgages rises to... 1