"Asus on Monday introduced the Fonepad, a 7-inch tablet with built-in phone functionality.
"Running Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, Fonepad is powered by Intel's Atom Z2420 processor and boasts support for 3G voice and mobile data. It will be available in March starting at $249.
"'It is ideal to have a larger screen with entertainment, social media and other online activities now playing an increasingly important part in our mobile lifestyles,' Jonney Shih, Asus chairman, said in announcing the device at Mobile World Congress. 'The incorporation of 3G mobile data with full telephony support makes the Fonepad a perfect combination of tablet and phone in one single device.'
"The device weighs in at 340g and has a slim 10.4mm profile, allowing it to be 'held comfortably in one hand,' according to Asus. It has an estimated battery life of nine hours."
- FCC approves 'net neutrality' rules for...
- Monarchs say Fairpark deal is dead, team...
- University Place construction timeline released
- Lehi supplement firm launches research lab
- LDS author analyzes benefits of inexperience...
- Want to land your dream job? 4 must-do things
- Taylor Cotterell: Time for a job change?...
- The few, the proudly employed, the coding...
- Defying GOP, Obama vetoes Keystone XL... 51
- FCC approves 'net neutrality' rules for... 26
- The few, the proudly employed, the... 7
- Disney hikes ticket prices at US theme... 2
- About 2,000 rally against right-to-work... 2
- Monarchs say Fairpark deal is dead,... 2
- University Place construction timeline... 2
- Death toll from General Motors ignition... 1