"Asus on Monday introduced the Fonepad, a 7-inch tablet with built-in phone functionality.
"Running Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, Fonepad is powered by Intel's Atom Z2420 processor and boasts support for 3G voice and mobile data. It will be available in March starting at $249.
"'It is ideal to have a larger screen with entertainment, social media and other online activities now playing an increasingly important part in our mobile lifestyles,' Jonney Shih, Asus chairman, said in announcing the device at Mobile World Congress. 'The incorporation of 3G mobile data with full telephony support makes the Fonepad a perfect combination of tablet and phone in one single device.'
"The device weighs in at 340g and has a slim 10.4mm profile, allowing it to be 'held comfortably in one hand,' according to Asus. It has an estimated battery life of nine hours."
- Women leaders in Utah forging their own paths...
- Day of Dignity a compassionate gift from...
- How innovators think, and what they do about it
- Jobs, gov't distrust central to national park...
- How technology can help and hurt the mental...
- Condo owners in Panama tell Trump: You're fired!
- Libraries changing roles, focus as attendance...
- Are you as connected as Kevin Bacon and does...
- Women leaders in Utah forging their own... 17
- VW executive apologizes but says... 7
- Condo owners in Panama tell Trump:... 5
- Salt Lake police receive $1.8 million... 5
- Jobs, gov't distrust central to... 4
- Tourism brings more than $1 billion in... 4
- Libraries changing roles, focus as... 4
- S.L. mayoral candidates tangle over... 3