"Asus on Monday introduced the Fonepad, a 7-inch tablet with built-in phone functionality.
"Running Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, Fonepad is powered by Intel's Atom Z2420 processor and boasts support for 3G voice and mobile data. It will be available in March starting at $249.
"'It is ideal to have a larger screen with entertainment, social media and other online activities now playing an increasingly important part in our mobile lifestyles,' Jonney Shih, Asus chairman, said in announcing the device at Mobile World Congress. 'The incorporation of 3G mobile data with full telephony support makes the Fonepad a perfect combination of tablet and phone in one single device.'
"The device weighs in at 340g and has a slim 10.4mm profile, allowing it to be 'held comfortably in one hand,' according to Asus. It has an estimated battery life of nine hours."
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought Boardwalk!
- Ground broken for transit-oriented housing...
- Suit: Papa John's fired worker with Down...
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning over...
- Dave Ramsey says: Everyone needs a financial...
- Commission to highlight women in Utah economy
- Family fun with the top down at unique RV resort
- Colorado high court considers pot firing case
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18
- Marijuana could deliver more than $800... 9
- 4 things you don't want your boss to know 6
- Colorado high court considers pot... 4
- How to be a billionaire 4
- USDA: Genetically modified wheat found... 3
- Work is sometimes the best medicine 3
- Something that may have caused the... 3