"Asus on Monday introduced the Fonepad, a 7-inch tablet with built-in phone functionality.
"Running Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, Fonepad is powered by Intel's Atom Z2420 processor and boasts support for 3G voice and mobile data. It will be available in March starting at $249.
"'It is ideal to have a larger screen with entertainment, social media and other online activities now playing an increasingly important part in our mobile lifestyles,' Jonney Shih, Asus chairman, said in announcing the device at Mobile World Congress. 'The incorporation of 3G mobile data with full telephony support makes the Fonepad a perfect combination of tablet and phone in one single device.'
"The device weighs in at 340g and has a slim 10.4mm profile, allowing it to be 'held comfortably in one hand,' according to Asus. It has an estimated battery life of nine hours."
- BYU chemist makes breakthrough discovery on...
- The Weather Channel reimagines morning
- Obama says health care program is stable
- The Draw at Sugar House unveiled
- Utah lawmakers stand pat on liquor laws
- Senators strike bipartisan jobless benefits deal
- Democrats grapple with dilemma on Keystone XL...
- Houweling's Tomatoes to build Juab County...
- Obama shows his funny side while... 40
- BYU chemist makes breakthrough... 29
- Obama says health care program is stable 14
- Official: Obama to push for more... 7
- White House promotes economic issues... 5
- Europe: You can't use the name Parmesan... 4
- Randy Shumway: China is a vital... 4
- The Draw at Sugar House unveiled 4