"Asus on Monday introduced the Fonepad, a 7-inch tablet with built-in phone functionality.
"Running Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, Fonepad is powered by Intel's Atom Z2420 processor and boasts support for 3G voice and mobile data. It will be available in March starting at $249.
"'It is ideal to have a larger screen with entertainment, social media and other online activities now playing an increasingly important part in our mobile lifestyles,' Jonney Shih, Asus chairman, said in announcing the device at Mobile World Congress. 'The incorporation of 3G mobile data with full telephony support makes the Fonepad a perfect combination of tablet and phone in one single device.'
"The device weighs in at 340g and has a slim 10.4mm profile, allowing it to be 'held comfortably in one hand,' according to Asus. It has an estimated battery life of nine hours."
- 'Another piece to the puzzle': Census reveals...
- How do Utah wages stack up nationally?
- Banks fined more than $5B, to plead guilty to...
- Balancing act: Survey: Millennials seek...
- McDonald's CEO faces shareholders amid...
- Groups chase air pollution to keep...
- Koch brothers group launches Utah chapter
- Is the 40-hour workweek falling out of fashion?
- How do Utah wages stack up nationally? 50
- Koch brothers group launches Utah chapter 42
- Balancing act: Survey: Millennials seek... 13
- Lease or buy: That's the (car) question 11
- Smith's hopes to pass savings from... 7
- Banks fined more than $5B, to plead... 6
- 'Another piece to the puzzle': Census... 6
- Tipping is more than just a kind... 5