I may be a little slow, but isn't this sequestration all smoke and mirrors? Are not both the Democrats and the Republicans lying to us? We are presented with all of these scenarios where disaster is about to strike, that the country is in great danger, that thousands will lose their jobs, businesses will fail and funding for Hill Air Force Base will be severely cut.
The real truth is that these cuts in spending are really cuts in the proposed increases for next year. There are no cuts at all. The government plan is to spend more money this year than last year. They want to spend $1 trillion more than they take in, in taxes. Isn't it time our politicians told us the truth?
- Lois M. Collins: Some think women are...
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test?
- Classical liberalism offers sole durable...
- Who was the most narcissistic president?
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive...
- In our opinion: Don't 'Army-ize' local police...
- In our opinion: Are we too pessimistic about...
- My view: 'Single issue' voters should...
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive... 48
- Letter: Bush dilemma 2.0 42
- In our opinion: Don't 'Army-ize' local... 31
- Lois M. Collins: Some think women are... 30
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test? 28
- George F. Will: Obama needs Congress to... 27
- In our opinion: How committed are... 27
- Classical liberalism offers sole... 26