I may be a little slow, but isn't this sequestration all smoke and mirrors? Are not both the Democrats and the Republicans lying to us? We are presented with all of these scenarios where disaster is about to strike, that the country is in great danger, that thousands will lose their jobs, businesses will fail and funding for Hill Air Force Base will be severely cut.
The real truth is that these cuts in spending are really cuts in the proposed increases for next year. There are no cuts at all. The government plan is to spend more money this year than last year. They want to spend $1 trillion more than they take in, in taxes. Isn't it time our politicians told us the truth?
- NYT Opinion: Embracing evangelical...
- Jay Evensen: Why the pioneers give us hope today
- George F. Will: GOP minds are at sea —...
- Dan Liljenquist: My theory regarding Melania...
- My view: Racism, gun violence and the heavy...
- In our opinion: An unsatisfying resolution to...
- Letter: Lead on Social Security
- Letter: Delegates are dividing
- Dan Liljenquist: My theory regarding... 40
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 31
- Letter: Carbon fee legislation 29
- Letter: Delegates are dividing 23
- Letter: Let feds take over 23
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism 23
- Letter: Lead on Social Security 20
- My view: Racism, gun violence and the... 18