I may be a little slow, but isn't this sequestration all smoke and mirrors? Are not both the Democrats and the Republicans lying to us? We are presented with all of these scenarios where disaster is about to strike, that the country is in great danger, that thousands will lose their jobs, businesses will fail and funding for Hill Air Force Base will be severely cut.
The real truth is that these cuts in spending are really cuts in the proposed increases for next year. There are no cuts at all. The government plan is to spend more money this year than last year. They want to spend $1 trillion more than they take in, in taxes. Isn't it time our politicians told us the truth?
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test?
- John Florez: Utah public education is a house...
- In our opinion: How committed are Obama, U.S....
- 19 songs to consider as replacements for the...
- Charles Krauthammer: The jihadi logic
- Catherine Rampell: Have America's public...
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on marriage?
- In our opinion: The Scots have set an example...
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on... 93
- Ralph Hancock: Society cannot... 76
- Letter: Bush dilemma 2.0 37
- George F. Will: Obama needs Congress to... 27
- Richard Davis: Scots — Be brave,... 25
- In our opinion: Accountability,... 25
- Who likes Obama's ISIS plan, and who... 24
- My view: Intergenerational poverty the... 19