I may be a little slow, but isn't this sequestration all smoke and mirrors? Are not both the Democrats and the Republicans lying to us? We are presented with all of these scenarios where disaster is about to strike, that the country is in great danger, that thousands will lose their jobs, businesses will fail and funding for Hill Air Force Base will be severely cut.
The real truth is that these cuts in spending are really cuts in the proposed increases for next year. There are no cuts at all. The government plan is to spend more money this year than last year. They want to spend $1 trillion more than they take in, in taxes. Isn't it time our politicians told us the truth?
- Stuart Reid: Despite study results, religion...
- My view: Reducing benefits gradually can make...
- Dan Liljenquist: Utah Retirement System audit...
- Letter: Put people in control
- National debt not just financial issue...
- In Our Opinion: Hatch-Cardin bill to make...
- Richard Davis: The million-dollar question...
- Letter: Beware of barbecued bugs
- Stuart Reid: Despite study results,... 50
- Richard Davis: The million-dollar... 48
- Letter: Solar surcharge 34
- In our opinion: Study cites excessive... 32
- In our opinion: Teacher evaluations a... 30
- Michael Gerson: Republicans should... 30
- My view: Reducing benefits gradually... 28
- Letter: Keep it simple 27