I may be a little slow, but isn't this sequestration all smoke and mirrors? Are not both the Democrats and the Republicans lying to us? We are presented with all of these scenarios where disaster is about to strike, that the country is in great danger, that thousands will lose their jobs, businesses will fail and funding for Hill Air Force Base will be severely cut.
The real truth is that these cuts in spending are really cuts in the proposed increases for next year. There are no cuts at all. The government plan is to spend more money this year than last year. They want to spend $1 trillion more than they take in, in taxes. Isn't it time our politicians told us the truth?
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Doug Robinson: We are in the midst of an era...
- President should not act without...
- My view: Non-discrimination laws have a problem
- Matthew Sanders: Nelson Mandela's goodness...
- Michael Gerson: The gospel according to JC...
- In our opinion: No more 'Government Motors'
- Richard Davis: Mandela's greatest achievement...
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 65
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 59
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 43
- Letter: Doctors unite 40
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 38
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP? 24
- Michael E. Kraft: Yes, Congress should... 22
- President should not act without... 22