I may be a little slow, but isn't this sequestration all smoke and mirrors? Are not both the Democrats and the Republicans lying to us? We are presented with all of these scenarios where disaster is about to strike, that the country is in great danger, that thousands will lose their jobs, businesses will fail and funding for Hill Air Force Base will be severely cut.
The real truth is that these cuts in spending are really cuts in the proposed increases for next year. There are no cuts at all. The government plan is to spend more money this year than last year. They want to spend $1 trillion more than they take in, in taxes. Isn't it time our politicians told us the truth?
- Charles Krauthammer: The president's foreign...
- About Utah: Company helps show 'you don't win...
- A Hobson's choice: Religious freedom in the...
- Letter: End daylight saving time
- In our opinion: Looking upward, seeking...
- Robert Bennett: Compromise will morph into...
- Libertarian wave wins big at CPAC
- In our opinion: Obama's immigration...
- Charles Krauthammer: The president's... 57
- Letter: End daylight saving time 36
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America... 35
- Was Hillary right to compare Putin to... 34
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with... 31
- Letter: A 'dying' document 27
- A Hobson's choice: Religious freedom in... 27
- Senate defeats Obama in Justice nod 21