Vincent Yu, Associated Press
With a saffron turban and a flowing white beard, 101-year-old Fauja Singh finished the Hong Kong Marathon's 6.25-mile race, making him the oldest marathoner in the world. Nicknamed the Turbaned Torpedo, the Indian-born runner finished the race in 1 hour, 32 minutes and 28 seconds. Singh says he will now hang up his sneakers. "I will remember this day. I will miss it," Singh said minutes after crossing the finish line.
Here are some photos of his final race.
- Farm owners fined for refusing to host a...
- Religious companies can now opt out of paying...
- Deported Mexicans find new life at call centers
- Huckabee: 'Stop the fight' over Common Core
- Bridezilla, meet 'Bridechilla'
- Photographer is using portraits to combat...
- Rev. Al Sharpton plays prominent role in...
- Pentagon cites 'dangerous' Chinese jet intercept
- Farm owners fined for refusing to host... 121
- Obama vows justice for killers of U.S.... 29
- 'Don't know' if Missouri teen shot with... 26
- Police, protesters collide again in... 25
- Texas Gov. Perry assembles high-powered... 23
- Federal judge: Florida gay-marriage ban... 17
- Allow student loan bankruptcies,... 17
- Another American hostage at risk by... 13