Vincent Yu, Associated Press
With a saffron turban and a flowing white beard, 101-year-old Fauja Singh finished the Hong Kong Marathon's 6.25-mile race, making him the oldest marathoner in the world. Nicknamed the Turbaned Torpedo, the Indian-born runner finished the race in 1 hour, 32 minutes and 28 seconds. Singh says he will now hang up his sneakers. "I will remember this day. I will miss it," Singh said minutes after crossing the finish line.
Here are some photos of his final race.
- 11 best—and worst—state tax systems
- Scotland votes to remain part of United Kingdom
- Review: Larger iPhones eliminate reason to...
- Iranian youth behind 'Happy' video sentenced
- How much America wants to be taxed
- 'Gotham' actor's Penguin inspired by DC Comics
- Chiefs' Reid dedicated to domestic abuse victims
- Fence-jumper made it through front door of...
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 27
- Striking or spanking a child is not a... 19
- President Obama: Ebola outbreak a... 15
- Chicago, NY, Hawaii on Obama library's... 12
- School police stock up on free military... 11
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- US won't rule out working with Iran... 7
- Gamers use police hoax to lash out at... 6