Vincent Yu, Associated Press
With a saffron turban and a flowing white beard, 101-year-old Fauja Singh finished the Hong Kong Marathon's 6.25-mile race, making him the oldest marathoner in the world. Nicknamed the Turbaned Torpedo, the Indian-born runner finished the race in 1 hour, 32 minutes and 28 seconds. Singh says he will now hang up his sneakers. "I will remember this day. I will miss it," Singh said minutes after crossing the finish line.
Here are some photos of his final race.
- Consumer group lists '10 worst toys' for kids
- Q&A with President Henry B. Eyring, Elder L....
- Utah members of Congress slam Obama's...
- A GDP showdown: How do state GDP numbers line...
- Obama to announce immigration action Thursday
- Police: Gunman killed after shooting at FSU
- What missing class in Kindergarten means for...
- Jennifer Lawrence: Privacy loss that...
- Utah members of Congress slam Obama's... 48
- Pope announces U.S. visit, greets... 34
- Obama to announce immigration action... 30
- Q&A with President Henry B. Eyring,... 20
- Gay marriage issue squarely before high... 15
- Japan slides into recession as tax hike... 14
- Republicans: Keystone pipeline down,... 13
- President Obama's immigration speech... 12