Vincent Yu, Associated Press
With a saffron turban and a flowing white beard, 101-year-old Fauja Singh finished the Hong Kong Marathon's 6.25-mile race, making him the oldest marathoner in the world. Nicknamed the Turbaned Torpedo, the Indian-born runner finished the race in 1 hour, 32 minutes and 28 seconds. Singh says he will now hang up his sneakers. "I will remember this day. I will miss it," Singh said minutes after crossing the finish line.
Here are some photos of his final race.
- The Associated Press' top 10 movies of the year
- Police boss: NYC cops 'quite simply,...
- Christmas 1914: The day even WWI showed humanity
- What people never mention when they talk...
- Prepackaged caramel apples linked to 4...
- Cincinnati coach Mick Cronin has aneurysm
- Hackers warn not to release 'The Interview'...
- Think your marital status is important? The...
- Obama: US re-establishing diplomatic... 49
- Vermont governor abandons single-payer... 32
- A post-election flurry: Obama tests his... 16
- Sony cancels 'The Interview' Dec. 25... 15
- Forget Santa Claus, Virginia. Was there... 14
- Taliban assault on Pakistan school... 13
- Utah football's Hackett, Orchard named... 11
- NYC premiere of Rogen film 'The... 8