Vincent Yu, Associated Press
With a saffron turban and a flowing white beard, 101-year-old Fauja Singh finished the Hong Kong Marathon's 6.25-mile race, making him the oldest marathoner in the world. Nicknamed the Turbaned Torpedo, the Indian-born runner finished the race in 1 hour, 32 minutes and 28 seconds. Singh says he will now hang up his sneakers. "I will remember this day. I will miss it," Singh said minutes after crossing the finish line.
Here are some photos of his final race.
- Sentenced but never jailed, robber who went...
- Dirty creek, old purse solve four-decade...
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases on...
- Appeals judges question right to sue in...
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch
- How does the world feel about morals and...
- Dress codes: Where should schools set limits?
- Astronomers spot most Earth-like planet yet
- Obama: Religious intolerance has... 76
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 43
- The dangers of financially illiterate... 30
- Bureau of Land Management to pursue... 22
- Report projects health law's subsidies... 21
- 'Obamacare' under attack as... 14
- Sentenced but never jailed, robber who... 14
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care 14