R. Scott Lloyd, LDS Church News
This week's issue of the LDS Church News features a list of the 2013 mission president assignments. The list includes 58 new missions, raising the number of missions from 347 to 405.
Following President Thomas S. Monson's announcement during the opening session of the October 2012 general conference that the age for missionary service eligibility would be lowered to 18 for young men and 19 for young women, the church saw an immediate increase in missionary applications, bringing the total number of missionaries to more than 60,000 for the first time in years, according to the Church News.
A list of new missions and newly called mission presidents is available on the LDS Church News website.
Africa Southeast Area
Africa West Area
Ghana Accra West
Nigeria Benin City
Asia North Area
Japan Tokyo South
Korea Seoul South
Brazil Curitiba South
Brazil Fortaleza East
Brazil Juiz de Fora
Brazil Sao Paulo West
Central America Area
El Salvador San Salvador East
Honduras San Pedro Sula West
Europe East Area
Idaho Twin Falls
Mexico Ciudad Juarez
Mexico Ciudad Obregon
Mexico Mexico City Chalco
North America Central Area
Colorado Fort Collins
Illinois Chicago West
North America Northeast Area
- Funeral services for Sister Frances J. Monson...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- Amy Donaldson: LDS boxer B.J. Flores hopes...
- Woman told she would never walk, talk defies...
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah Scout...
- Hundreds of teens in Southern California go...
- Mormon NFL safety Eric Weddle: Balancing...
- Watch a video tribute to Sister Frances B....
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 66
- Community of Christ recommends... 24
- Muslim leaders in U.S. facing... 22
- Hundreds watch as Angel Moroni statue... 17
- LDS Church is smart to reach out to... 14
- Supreme Court to weigh in on... 12
- LDS Meridian Idaho Temple artist's... 11
- Mormon Parenting: It takes a whole ward... 11