The pope's resignation was a very courageous and selfless act. He showed us that the office is more important than the office holder. His resignation raises the question of whether or not there should be lifetime callings. Some judges, justices, kings, queens and religious leaders currently hold lifetime callings. I would side with those who say we should not have any automatic lifetime callings. The office trumps the office holder. I thank the pope for showing the way.
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: NASA's New Horizons opens up...
- In our opinion: After change to state pension...
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA fool you...
- Letter: Eroding the BSA
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to end...
- Letter: Voting like a liberal
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood scandal...
- Letter: Methane benefits
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on... 71
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 65
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 47
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 45
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 39
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 27
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA... 25
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to... 23