The pope's resignation was a very courageous and selfless act. He showed us that the office is more important than the office holder. His resignation raises the question of whether or not there should be lifetime callings. Some judges, justices, kings, queens and religious leaders currently hold lifetime callings. I would side with those who say we should not have any automatic lifetime callings. The office trumps the office holder. I thank the pope for showing the way.
Salt Lake City
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum wage
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before...
- John Hoffmire: Fighting increasing health...
- The most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- Doug Robinson: The era of 'I'm sorry'
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: What's to be...
- In our opinion: Aging without a family