The pope's resignation was a very courageous and selfless act. He showed us that the office is more important than the office holder. His resignation raises the question of whether or not there should be lifetime callings. Some judges, justices, kings, queens and religious leaders currently hold lifetime callings. I would side with those who say we should not have any automatic lifetime callings. The office trumps the office holder. I thank the pope for showing the way.
Salt Lake City
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net
- Letter: Patriots or sheep?
- Reconnecting with Cuba is a good move —...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: New Christmas...
- My view: In the name of God?
- My view: Doing away with cursive is bad idea...
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 62
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 43
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 35
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws... 30