BONNEVILLE 64, LOGAN 62: The Lakers had a strong fourth quarter to earn their first region win. Dakota Buckway and Sealune Erskin combined for 35 points.
SKY VIEW 70, ROY 33: The Bobcats led 23-7 after the first quarter and never looked back as Ty Nielsen and Matt Dewey combined for 33 points.
MOUNTAIN CREST 63, BOX ELDER 60: Mountain Crest took an early lead in overtime to take the victory home. Tyler Crosbie led with 18 points with half of his points coming from beyond the arc. Tanner Knowles added 16 points with two 3-pointers.
MAPLE MOUNTAIN 65, SALEM HILLS 49: Maple Mountain went on a 16-7 run to begin the game and continued the winning streak throughout the game. Josh Phelps led with 19 points with six steals. Thomas Mortensen grabbed 16 boards. Kade Poulsen added 16 points with two assists.
SPRINGVILLE 56, MOUNTAIN VIEW 47: Springville went on a 14-9 run in the third quarter which opened the door for the victory. Bradley Kitchen led with led with 17 points. Dawson Pedersen added 14 points with one trey.
OREM 86, TIMPANOGOS 52: Orem outscored Timpanogos 21-4 in the opening quarter to set the bar high. Dalton Nixon led with 22 points with eight boards. Cooper Holt added 15 points. Zach Hunsaker had 14 points with seven assists.
ST. JOSEPH 86, MOUNT VERNON 35: St. Joseph opened the game with a 26-6 lead. Ty Evans led in scoring with 19 points and nabbed 11 rebounds with six assists. Zach Johnstun added 10 points with five boards.
WEST RIDGE ACADEMY 56, OAKLEY 51: Ethan Cope and Emron Frogley had 16 points apiece as the Eagles held off a fierce Explorer rally in the fourth quarter.
LAYTON 63, ALTA 57: The Lancers came back from a 14-point deficit to win their quarterfinal match-up with Region 2 co-champion Alta. Maddi Smith led the team with 17 points and Jaden Anderson added 16 points. Madyson Quigley led the Hawks with 17 points.
BINGHAM 43, SYRACUSE 36: Jillian Powell led Bingham with 12 points, while both Ashton Henderson and Mackenzie Bruggeman added 10 points and six rebounds each. The win means the Miners will take on the Layton Lancers in the 5A semifinal. Takenna Hamblin led the Titans with 12 points and 11 rebounds. Courtney Starks added nine rebounds and nine points.
FREMONT 49, AMERICAN FORK 26: The Silver Wolves dominated the fifth-ranked Cavemen led by sophomore guard Shelbee Molen, who scored 14 points, and freshman Harley Hansen, who added 12 points. The win means Fremont will play Riverton on Friday in the 5A semifinals. American Fork was led by Cassidy Fraughton, who scored eight points and grabbed four rebounds and four steals.
RIVERTON 58, DAVIS 31: The Silverwolves jumped out to a 12-0 lead with 5:34 left in the first quarter to knock the Darts out of the quarterfinals. Whitney Saunders had 12 points and five rebounds in 22 minutes.
- Week 17 NFL locals roundup & gallery: Ansah...
- Prep Wrestling: state's best wrestlers to...
- How to watch Utah football stars, local...
- Herriman brothers say their bond, competition...
- Prep Wrestling: Mountain View wins Bruin Classic
- Utahns who made us love sports in 2015
- High school basketball: Morby's last-second...
- MountainStar Healthcare Star Athletes of Week 20
- Locals and the NFL playoffs: Alex... 1
- Herriman brothers say their bond,... 1
- Utahns who made us love sports in 2015 0
- High school basketball: Morby's... 0
- How to watch Utah football stars, local... 0
- Prep Wrestling: state's best wrestlers... 0
- Prep Wrestling: Mountain View wins... 0
- Week 17 NFL locals roundup & gallery:... 0