LM Otero, Associated Press
I cordially invite all who want Boy Scouts of America to welcome openly gay leaders and boys to do a few simple things. Get people everywhere to donate their hard-earned money, their precious time, talents and anything else to an organization called "Gay Scouts of America." Purchase land for camps. Develop your own handbooks. Build your own buildings. Pay your own full-time executives and recruit an army of volunteers who think like you do. Do the endless work that goes into running a nationwide volunteer organization for youth. Do this for the next 100 years like BSA has done.
But do it on your own dime and do it with complete transparency of exactly what ideology you are promoting and who you are, rather than hitchhiking on the success of BSA while simultaneously trying to change it to your liking.
Scott M. Soulier
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Our thoughts...
- 18 of the most heart warming and feel-good...
- Why LDS Church's anti-discrimination stance...
- In our opinion: Fairness for all: Religion...
- What The New York Times gets wrong about...
- What one word best describes Barack Obama?
- Letter: Slap to our history
- Drew Clark: The beams and motes of getting...
- What The New York Times gets wrong... 90
- In our opinion: Fix, don't repeal,... 75
- Michael and Jenet Erickson: Utah... 50
- In our opinion: Fairness for all:... 47
- Why LDS Church's anti-discrimination... 40
- Mike Lee: Tax reform shouldn't penalize... 38
- Jay Evensen: Will Obama visit Utah? Do... 37
- In our opinion: It's time for Utah to... 27