In 1992, President Gordon B. Hinckley announced that a second temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in England would be constructed.
Information on www.ldschurchtemples.com says: "Located in Western England, north of Liverpool and Manchester, the Preston England Temple anchors an extensive church complex that includes a stake center, missionary training center, family history center, distribution center, patron housing facility and temple missionary accommodations. Decorating the manicured grounds are mature trees, flower gardens and a pair of reflection pools near the entrance."
Because of the initial success of the LDS Church in England and its beginnings in Preston, this temple is called the Preston England Temple, even though it is physically situated in Chorley, Lancashire, about eight miles away. The temple was dedicated June 7-10, 1998, by President Hinckley. There were 15 dedicatory sessions.
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks apart
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Two Christian ministers refuse to perform...
- LDS Church releases video, topic page...
- Wright Words: A day in the life of Mormon...
- An LDS missionary and a Marine: Twin brothers...
- LDS grandmother completes Personal Progress...
- 'Joseph Smith: The Prophet of the...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 64
- LDS Church releases video, topic page... 31
- LDS CIO helps LDSTech attendees better... 26
- Why I stand with the Houston Five 21
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- An LDS missionary and a Marine: Twin... 13
- Here's how you can learn more about God 13
- Bishops scrap welcome to gays in sign... 9