In 1992, President Gordon B. Hinckley announced that a second temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in England would be constructed.
Information on www.ldschurchtemples.com says: "Located in Western England, north of Liverpool and Manchester, the Preston England Temple anchors an extensive church complex that includes a stake center, missionary training center, family history center, distribution center, patron housing facility and temple missionary accommodations. Decorating the manicured grounds are mature trees, flower gardens and a pair of reflection pools near the entrance."
Because of the initial success of the LDS Church in England and its beginnings in Preston, this temple is called the Preston England Temple, even though it is physically situated in Chorley, Lancashire, about eight miles away. The temple was dedicated June 7-10, 1998, by President Hinckley. There were 15 dedicatory sessions.
- New Mormon Message video highlights how much...
- Defending the Faith: Columbus among the Nephites
- No more excuses: Mormon dad designs home...
- New DVD tells story of David Archuleta's...
- Two apostles visit Northern South America,...
- Mormon neighbors help Catholic nuns with...
- Young performing LDS missionary shares...
- The faith of a father, written in an old journal
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with... 49
- Defending the Faith: Columbus among the... 49
- New DVD tells story of David... 12
- New Harmony: Viewing the penmanship of... 9
- New Utah rabbi hopes to 'perfect the... 6
- New Mormon Message video highlights how... 6
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies... 5
- 5 unusual places of worship 5