Utah Jazz: Report suggests Jazz, Clippers talking Eric Bledsoe-for-Paul Millsap trade
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
There is a level of "mutual interest" between the Los Angeles Clippers and the Utah Jazz regarding a deal that would put Eric Bledsoe as the headliner in a trade package for Jazz forward Paul Millsap, ESPN.com reported Sunday.
"Although two sources with knowledge of the Clippers' thinking insisted during All-Star Weekend that Bledsoe would not be moved in coming days and strongly predicted L.A. would stand pat, two other sources indicated the Clippers and Jazz will at least discuss the feasibility of a trade headlined by Bledsoe and Millsap before the deadline," ESPN's Ramona Shelburne and Marc Stein wrote.
According to ESPN.com, the appeal of Millsap for the Clippers is that he could conceivably help the Clippers in the frontcourt immediately, as well as in the future due to his age. Millsap is currently 28 years old.
"Utah's interest in finding a good young point guard, meanwhile, is an open secret around the league that has led to longstanding speculation that either Millsap or Al Jefferson would be moved by the deadline, given that both are scheduled to become free agents such as Paul in July," Shelburne and Stein said.
The Clippers would need to add at least one player to a Millsap deal to make the salary-cap math work if talks progressed to a serious level, the article said.
Matt Moore of cbssports.com said the possible deal makes sense for the Jazz in many ways, between the team's being in need of a point guard of the future and Bledsoe's age and rookie contract.
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big 12...
- Poll: Many Brazilians think Olympic Games...
- AP source: ACC, ESPN to launch ACC Network in...
- BYU and the Big 12: A timeline of events
- NCAA: No. 1 overall seed to choose tourney...
- IOC explores legal options on banning all...
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big... 125
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down... 105
- Morning links: National college... 72
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 55
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 52
- Big 12 Media Days social roundup:... 49
- Annual instate college basketball... 37