Utah Jazz: Report suggests Jazz, Clippers talking Eric Bledsoe-for-Paul Millsap trade
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
There is a level of "mutual interest" between the Los Angeles Clippers and the Utah Jazz regarding a deal that would put Eric Bledsoe as the headliner in a trade package for Jazz forward Paul Millsap, ESPN.com reported Sunday.
"Although two sources with knowledge of the Clippers' thinking insisted during All-Star Weekend that Bledsoe would not be moved in coming days and strongly predicted L.A. would stand pat, two other sources indicated the Clippers and Jazz will at least discuss the feasibility of a trade headlined by Bledsoe and Millsap before the deadline," ESPN's Ramona Shelburne and Marc Stein wrote.
According to ESPN.com, the appeal of Millsap for the Clippers is that he could conceivably help the Clippers in the frontcourt immediately, as well as in the future due to his age. Millsap is currently 28 years old.
"Utah's interest in finding a good young point guard, meanwhile, is an open secret around the league that has led to longstanding speculation that either Millsap or Al Jefferson would be moved by the deadline, given that both are scheduled to become free agents such as Paul in July," Shelburne and Stein said.
The Clippers would need to add at least one player to a Millsap deal to make the salary-cap math work if talks progressed to a serious level, the article said.
Matt Moore of cbssports.com said the possible deal makes sense for the Jazz in many ways, between the team's being in need of a point guard of the future and Bledsoe's age and rookie contract.
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- High school football: Royals rock Grizzlies...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 72
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33