Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
Utah rallied back from a 13-point deficit in the second half to tie the game against No. 9 Arizona, but couldn't make the shots it needed to make and fell to the Wildcats, 68-64.
Jarred DuBois led the way for the Utes in the second half and was one of three Utah players to finish in double figures. He went 7 for 8 (87 percent) from the free-throw line and made three 3-point field goals to finish with 16 points.
Additionally, Jason Washburn scored 15 points on 6-for-13 shooting (46 percent), and Jeremy Olsen scored 12 points on 6-for-8 shooting (75 percent).
Mark Lyons paced the No. 9 Wildcats with 18 points and some crucial baskets down the stretch. He went 6 for 14 from the field (43 percent), but only made 1 of 9 3-point attempts.
Additionally, Solomon Hill and Brandon Ashley scored 10 points apiece for the Wildcats, and Kevin Parrom scored nine.
This loss drops Utah to 3-10 in the Pac-12, good enough for 11th place, ahead of only Washington State. On the season, Utah drops to 11-14.
Sunday was the second since 2002 that Utah has hosted a top 10 team in the Huntsman Center, and it was Utah's second game played on Sunday this season.
Utah will next face Colorado on the road Thursday, Feb. 21 at 8 p.m. MST.
DeseretNews.com is your home for live web coverage of Utah athletics. As part of special coverage of this matchup, DeseretNews.com provided live, game-time updates on this page.
- To serve or not to serve: BYU star athletes...
- U. student government passes resolution to...
- Utah Sports Ruckus: Grading the Jazz's...
- No timeline set to find Utah Jazz's new head...
- Speculation begins about who the next Utah...
- Rock On: Lighten up, Gordon Hayward
- Brad Rock: Jazz coaching hire — this...
- Doug Robinson: Utah Jazz have come full...
- U. student government passes resolution... 93
- Jim McMahon closing in on graduating... 61
- Utah Jazz: Tyrone Corbin's contract... 56
- To serve or not to serve: BYU star... 41
- Dick Harmon: BYU's loading up with... 26
- Mike Sorensen: To keep or not to keep... 24
- Speculation begins about who the next... 24
- Doug Robinson: Utah Jazz have come full... 22