Utes basketball: Utah drops another close one, loses to Arizona 68-64
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
Utah rallied back from a 13-point deficit in the second half to tie the game against No. 9 Arizona, but couldn't make the shots it needed to make and fell to the Wildcats, 68-64.
Jarred DuBois led the way for the Utes in the second half and was one of three Utah players to finish in double figures. He went 7 for 8 (87 percent) from the free-throw line and made three 3-point field goals to finish with 16 points.
Additionally, Jason Washburn scored 15 points on 6-for-13 shooting (46 percent), and Jeremy Olsen scored 12 points on 6-for-8 shooting (75 percent).
Mark Lyons paced the No. 9 Wildcats with 18 points and some crucial baskets down the stretch. He went 6 for 14 from the field (43 percent), but only made 1 of 9 3-point attempts.
Additionally, Solomon Hill and Brandon Ashley scored 10 points apiece for the Wildcats, and Kevin Parrom scored nine.
This loss drops Utah to 3-10 in the Pac-12, good enough for 11th place, ahead of only Washington State. On the season, Utah drops to 11-14.
Sunday was the second since 2002 that Utah has hosted a top 10 team in the Huntsman Center, and it was Utah's second game played on Sunday this season.
Utah will next face Colorado on the road Thursday, Feb. 21 at 8 p.m. MST.
DeseretNews.com is your home for live web coverage of Utah athletics. As part of special coverage of this matchup, DeseretNews.com provided live, game-time updates on this page.
- Class of 2015: Utah high school athletes with...
- Christian Stewart writes final chapter on...
- U. cornerback Hatfield arrested for...
- Mendenhall's coaching tenure at BYU: A decade...
- High school sports: Nearly 650 athletes...
- Jazz in talks with German center Tibor...
- Utah Jazz bolster coaching staff on first day...
- Morning links: Damian Lillard, Paul Millsap...
- U. cornerback Hatfield arrested for... 57
- Morning links: Fox Sports discusses why... 56
- Amy Donaldson: Former BYU QB Jake... 50
- Morning links: New BYU commit's late... 31
- Dick Harmon: BYU's retired AD Glen... 27
- Mendenhall's coaching tenure at BYU: A... 21
- Morning links: Damian Lillard, Paul... 19
- Jazz not expected to be a major player... 13