Utes basketball: Utah drops another close one, loses to Arizona 68-64
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
Utah rallied back from a 13-point deficit in the second half to tie the game against No. 9 Arizona, but couldn't make the shots it needed to make and fell to the Wildcats, 68-64.
Jarred DuBois led the way for the Utes in the second half and was one of three Utah players to finish in double figures. He went 7 for 8 (87 percent) from the free-throw line and made three 3-point field goals to finish with 16 points.
Additionally, Jason Washburn scored 15 points on 6-for-13 shooting (46 percent), and Jeremy Olsen scored 12 points on 6-for-8 shooting (75 percent).
Mark Lyons paced the No. 9 Wildcats with 18 points and some crucial baskets down the stretch. He went 6 for 14 from the field (43 percent), but only made 1 of 9 3-point attempts.
Additionally, Solomon Hill and Brandon Ashley scored 10 points apiece for the Wildcats, and Kevin Parrom scored nine.
This loss drops Utah to 3-10 in the Pac-12, good enough for 11th place, ahead of only Washington State. On the season, Utah drops to 11-14.
Sunday was the second since 2002 that Utah has hosted a top 10 team in the Huntsman Center, and it was Utah's second game played on Sunday this season.
Utah will next face Colorado on the road Thursday, Feb. 21 at 8 p.m. MST.
DeseretNews.com is your home for live web coverage of Utah athletics. As part of special coverage of this matchup, DeseretNews.com provided live, game-time updates on this page.
- The 16 most interesting college lists...
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain Covey's...
- Faith and family are driving forces for LDS...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- 2015 BYU Commits
- Dick Harmon: College football recruiters are...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit after ACC...
- 2015 Utah Football Commits
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 79
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35