High school boys basketball: South Sevier's Race Parsons reaches 2,000-point plateau, tied for 5th all-time
Race Parsons made history during South Sevier's easy 2A first round victory over Merit Academy on Saturday night.
The SUU-bound senior came into the playoffs with 1,996 career points, and he easily passed the 2,000-point mark with a whopping 36 points, becoming just the sixth player in state history to reach 2,000 career points.
Parsons moved into a fifth-place tie with Spanish Fork's Robbie Reid (1990-1993) on the career scoring list with 2,032 points.
Gunnison's Gary Hill (1959-1963) owns the state record with 2,283 career points. Spanish Fork's Randy Reid (1986-1989) is second with 2,191 career points. Ben Lomond's Kurt Miller (1983-1987) with 2,153 points and Highland's Mike Maxwell (1975-1979) with 2,098.
South Sevier will likely play three more games this year, which means Parsons will likely surpass Maxwell for fourth-place all-time.
— James Edward
- Week 17 NFL locals roundup & gallery: Ansah...
- Prep Wrestling: state's best wrestlers to...
- How to watch Utah football stars, local...
- Herriman brothers say their bond, competition...
- Prep Wrestling: Mountain View wins Bruin Classic
- Utahns who made us love sports in 2015
- High school basketball: Morby's last-second...
- MountainStar Healthcare Star Athletes of Week 20
- Locals and the NFL playoffs: Alex... 1
- Herriman brothers say their bond,... 1
- Utahns who made us love sports in 2015 0
- High school basketball: Morby's... 0
- How to watch Utah football stars, local... 0
- Prep Wrestling: state's best wrestlers... 0
- Prep Wrestling: Mountain View wins... 0
- Week 17 NFL locals roundup & gallery:... 0