HOUSTON — Portland rookie Damian Lillard beat Philadelphia guard Jrue Holiday in the final round to win the Skills Competition during All-Star Saturday night.
The competition involves players navigating a dribbling circuit, taking a 3-point shot, hitting targets with passes and driving for a layup. Lillard, who played four years at Weber State, swished his first 3-point attempt in his winning run and finished the obstacle course in 29.8 seconds. Holiday's time was 35.6 seconds.
Houston point guard Jeremy Lin and defending champion Tony Parker also were in the field, but didn't come close to qualifying for the championship round.
Earlier, a team of Chris Bosh, Swin Cash and Dominique Wilkins won the Shooting Stars competition, beating the trio of Russell Westbrook, Maya Moore and Robert Horry.
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and often...
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Sunday morning QB: Stars and stats from No....
- Utah basketball team makes it a doubly-good...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 62
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 50
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 24