HOUSTON — Portland rookie Damian Lillard beat Philadelphia guard Jrue Holiday in the final round to win the Skills Competition during All-Star Saturday night.
The competition involves players navigating a dribbling circuit, taking a 3-point shot, hitting targets with passes and driving for a layup. Lillard, who played four years at Weber State, swished his first 3-point attempt in his winning run and finished the obstacle course in 29.8 seconds. Holiday's time was 35.6 seconds.
Houston point guard Jeremy Lin and defending champion Tony Parker also were in the field, but didn't come close to qualifying for the championship round.
Earlier, a team of Chris Bosh, Swin Cash and Dominique Wilkins won the Shooting Stars competition, beating the trio of Russell Westbrook, Maya Moore and Robert Horry.
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans in...
- Utah football: Quarterback Kendal Thompson...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 107
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 32
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 21
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20