Tom Smart, Deseret News
Former Utah Attorney General Mark Shurtleff states that he sees no evidence of a state crime in John Swallow's actions. But Shurtleff added there was potential for a federal criminal charge.
I had always thought that Utah had higher ethical standards than Washington, D.C. There is still time in this Utah legislative session to make this legend of moral leadership a reality.
It would also create a clearer borderline for what it means to serve the public good in Utah. This apparently needs to be defined for a few confused elected officials, state employees and political party leaders.
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- In our opinion: Aging without a family
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum wage
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: What's to be...
- Charles Krauthammer: U.S. refuses to support...
- My view: Utah needs to expand Medicaid
- Letter: Doctors unite
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not move...