Tom Smart, Deseret News
Former Utah Attorney General Mark Shurtleff states that he sees no evidence of a state crime in John Swallow's actions. But Shurtleff added there was potential for a federal criminal charge.
I had always thought that Utah had higher ethical standards than Washington, D.C. There is still time in this Utah legislative session to make this legend of moral leadership a reality.
It would also create a clearer borderline for what it means to serve the public good in Utah. This apparently needs to be defined for a few confused elected officials, state employees and political party leaders.
- In our opinion: U.S. needs immigration... 72
- Dan Liljenquist: Obamacare was a rude... 61
- Letter: Growing party divide 53
- Letter: Acting on immigration 50
- Michael Gerson: Obama’s executive... 46
- How America feels about Mitt Romney... 40
- Letter: King Obama 28
- My view: Global warming needs free market 26