Tom Smart, Deseret News
Former Utah Attorney General Mark Shurtleff states that he sees no evidence of a state crime in John Swallow's actions. But Shurtleff added there was potential for a federal criminal charge.
I had always thought that Utah had higher ethical standards than Washington, D.C. There is still time in this Utah legislative session to make this legend of moral leadership a reality.
It would also create a clearer borderline for what it means to serve the public good in Utah. This apparently needs to be defined for a few confused elected officials, state employees and political party leaders.
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive... 65
- Jay Evensen: Birthright citizenship... 51
- In our opinion: Security with Clinton's... 45
- Richard Davis: What can Republicans do... 44
- My view: Don’t expand Medicaid... 36
- Letter: Stimulate the economy 29
- Dan Liljenquist: Charter schools... 26
- My view: Women’s equality —... 25