Tom Smart, Deseret News
Former Utah Attorney General Mark Shurtleff states that he sees no evidence of a state crime in John Swallow's actions. But Shurtleff added there was potential for a federal criminal charge.
I had always thought that Utah had higher ethical standards than Washington, D.C. There is still time in this Utah legislative session to make this legend of moral leadership a reality.
It would also create a clearer borderline for what it means to serve the public good in Utah. This apparently needs to be defined for a few confused elected officials, state employees and political party leaders.
- What to watch with your family this...
- In our opinion: Immigration and compromise...
- George F. Will: Government’s legitimacy...
- Presidents pardoning turkeys
- Letter: Solution to Ferguson
- Letter: A dangerous precedent
- My view: Obama and Utah on the same page
- Kathleen Parker: True or not, Bill Cosby...