BYU men's basketball: Cougars take control early, defeat Portland 86-72
BYU came out on fire and never cooled off against lowly Portland Saturday night at the Marriott Center.
After shooting 60 percent from the field, the Cougars defeated the Pilots in a commanding fashion 86-72.
BYU's largest lead of the game was 24 points in the second half. The Cougars shared the ball and rebounded well, finishing with 26 assists and 27 rebounds.
Tyler Haws overcame his previous frustrations by scoring 28 points on 13-of-19 shooting. Brandon Davies had 23 points and five assists for the Cougars.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 29
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 19