BYU men's basketball: Cougars take control early, defeat Portland 86-72
BYU came out on fire and never cooled off against lowly Portland Saturday night at the Marriott Center.
After shooting 60 percent from the field, the Cougars defeated the Pilots in a commanding fashion 86-72.
BYU's largest lead of the game was 24 points in the second half. The Cougars shared the ball and rebounded well, finishing with 26 assists and 27 rebounds.
Tyler Haws overcame his previous frustrations by scoring 28 points on 13-of-19 shooting. Brandon Davies had 23 points and five assists for the Cougars.
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football report card: Special teams...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 94
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 50
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33