BYU men's basketball: Cougars take control early, defeat Portland 86-72
BYU came out on fire and never cooled off against lowly Portland Saturday night at the Marriott Center.
After shooting 60 percent from the field, the Cougars defeated the Pilots in a commanding fashion 86-72.
BYU's largest lead of the game was 24 points in the second half. The Cougars shared the ball and rebounded well, finishing with 26 assists and 27 rebounds.
Tyler Haws overcame his previous frustrations by scoring 28 points on 13-of-19 shooting. Brandon Davies had 23 points and five assists for the Cougars.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34