BYU men's basketball: Cougars take control early, defeat Portland 86-72
BYU came out on fire and never cooled off against lowly Portland Saturday night at the Marriott Center.
After shooting 60 percent from the field, the Cougars defeated the Pilots in a commanding fashion 86-72.
BYU's largest lead of the game was 24 points in the second half. The Cougars shared the ball and rebounded well, finishing with 26 assists and 27 rebounds.
Tyler Haws overcame his previous frustrations by scoring 28 points on 13-of-19 shooting. Brandon Davies had 23 points and five assists for the Cougars.
- High school football: Top 25 preseason rankings
- ACC media days has some interesting tidbits...
- Some fringe Jazz players opened eyes in Vegas
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to expand,...
- BYU football: Alani Fua may be next Cougar...
- Brain injury changes the lives and tests the...
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is an...
- Former BYU defensive lineman Eathyn...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 167
- Report: Former BYU guard Jimmer... 73
- BYU freshman linebacker reportedly... 72
- BYU's Jamaal Williams, Utah State's Joe... 58
- Peavler: Arizona vice president of... 52
- ACC media days has some interesting... 35
- Brad Rock: Decades later, equality... 30
- Watch list roundup: 22 local players... 26