BEAVER 44, WATERFORD 15: Brielle Christensen and Hattie Snyder scored 10 points each as Beaver rolled to the 2A first round victory over Waterford. The Beavers pulled away for good with a dominant second quarter, outscoring the Ravens 19-0.
PAROWAN 48, NORTH SUMMIT 39: Chennin Benson scored 16 points and Taucia Rowley chipped in 12 more as Parowan jumped out to an early lead on North Summit in the first round of the 2A playoffs and never relinquished it.
AMERICAN LEADERSHIP 41, SOUTH SEVIER 38: American Leadership played great in the first and fourth quarters, and that was just good enough to help the Eagles advance to the 2A quarterfinals. ALA led 11-3 after the first quarter, but only scored 12 points in the middle two quarters and found itself trailing 30-23 heading into the fourth. The Eagles shot the ball very well in the fourth, particularly from the free-throw line, as they pulled away for the win. Dalila Rodriguez led ALA with 16 points on 9 of 10 shooting from the foul line. Mauri Staheli chipped in with 14 points.
KANAB 57, SOUTH SUMMIT 51: Whitney Houston scored 21 points and Kaitlyn Glover chipped in 18 as Kanab edged South Summit in a thrilling first round game at Orem High School.
GUNNISON 52, SAN JUAN 39: Gunnison moved on to the second round of the 2A playoffs with its double-digit victory over San Juan. The Bulldogs built an 11-point lead by halftime, and held-off the visiting Broncos the rest of the way. Madee Christenson led the Bulldogs with a game-high 13 points.
RICHFIELD 49, MANTI 23: The Wildcats built a comfortable 10-point lead by half-time and cruised to victory from there. Megan Bean had a great game for Richfield as she scored 21 points, while Manti's Mandee Christensen scored 13 points and hit two 3-pointers in the loss.
ENTERPRISE 52, SUMMIT ACADEMY 30: Enterprise built a large lead through three quarters and breezed past Summit Academy in the first round of the 2A playoffs. Taylor Phelps, Jaycee Reber and Josie Mitchell each scored nine points for the Wolves who utilized a very balanced scoring attack.
WEST 48, TAYLORSVILLE 43: West battled back after its slow start to steal the win from Taylorsville. Maddy Murphy finished with a game-high 16 points, and Kelsey Price contributed 11 points to fuel the Panthers.
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Ute recruit Tyler Huntley posting huge...
- Felt's Facts: Breaking down the Utah high...
- Underrated East Carolina will test BYU's defense
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 53
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 40
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 19