Fomer Academy player Carlos Salcedo playing for Real Salt Lake at Desert Diamond Cup
Real Salt Lake has now been in Arizona at two different times for a portion of their 2013 preseason. The first time they came down was when they stayed and trained at the Grande Sports World. After spending about a week here they left and have now returned back to participate in the Desert Diamond Cup hosted by FC Tucson. The other three teams that are playing in the tournament are: New York Red Bulls, Seattle Sounders and New England Revolution.
One player that has been traveling with RSL is former Academy defender Carlos Salcedo who joined the club during the summer of 2012 after graduating from high school signing a Home Grown Player contract.
Wednesday was the first day of the DDC and in the early game Seattle defeated the Revolution 2-0, with goals from Eddie Johnson and Phoenix native Brad Evans.
- Newcomers enjoy BYU hoops debut in Cougar Tipoff
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Live streams: 2A & 3A volleyball championship...
- High school football: Improbable final play...
- Felt's Facts, playoff edition: Newcomers,...
- Former BYU pitcher Jeremy Guthrie's little...
- Mormons in the rodeo: LDS competitors find...
- Utah Jazz fall to Rockets on opening night
- BYU needs win at Middle Tennessee to... 78
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 58
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 54
- High school football: State tournament... 50
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- BYU men, women both picked to finish... 32
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the... 30