Fomer Academy player Carlos Salcedo playing for Real Salt Lake at Desert Diamond Cup
Real Salt Lake has now been in Arizona at two different times for a portion of their 2013 preseason. The first time they came down was when they stayed and trained at the Grande Sports World. After spending about a week here they left and have now returned back to participate in the Desert Diamond Cup hosted by FC Tucson. The other three teams that are playing in the tournament are: New York Red Bulls, Seattle Sounders and New England Revolution.
One player that has been traveling with RSL is former Academy defender Carlos Salcedo who joined the club during the summer of 2012 after graduating from high school signing a Home Grown Player contract.
Wednesday was the first day of the DDC and in the early game Seattle defeated the Revolution 2-0, with goals from Eddie Johnson and Phoenix native Brad Evans.
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Optimism abounds for the Utah Jazz's future
- Utah gymnastics: Red Rocks finish second to...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- BYU rugby cruises past Central Washington,...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 33
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 26
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches 18
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- 3 Utes, 1 Aggie and 1 Cougar selected... 14