Our take: Blogger Kathryn Skaggs of Well Behaved Mormon Woman writes about how love to members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is centered around eternity and how important that concept is to the faith,
Twilight author, Stephanie Meyer, captivates her audience by weaving one single concept throughout her entire series -- the quest for eternal love. As romantic and fantastical as this may be to read, for Meyer, a Mormon, it is more than just mere fantasy--its reality minus, of course, all the vampire action.
The belief that love is eternal is at the very heart of the meaning of love for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Its the lens through which Mormons view their most personal relationships, serve community and extend their outreach in charitable humanitarian efforts globally.
The source of this eternal love emanates from God; whom individual members enter a covenant relationship to follow His Son, Jesus Christ, and emulate his teachings throughout their lives. With this priority firmly in place, Mormons set off with a desire, instinctively knowing that, When ye have done it unto one of the least of these a spouse, child, friend, neighbor, even a stranger Ye have done it unto me.
- 'Because of Him': LDS video on Christ...
- Miracles found at new temple in Florida
- First Presidency Easter Message
- Tabernacle Choir performs Handel's 'Messiah'...
- The story behind the missionary reality TV...
- Watch: Mormon Tabernacle Choir performs...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir celebrates Easter...
- How much did President Obama donate to his...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 107
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 89
- Zeroing in on religious hubs, atheists... 78
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 77
- The Book of Mormon claims No. 1 spot on... 51
- How much did President Obama donate to... 46
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Tipping points:... 37
- Elizabeth Smart talks forgiveness and... 24