Our take: Blogger Kathryn Skaggs of Well Behaved Mormon Woman writes about how love to members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is centered around eternity and how important that concept is to the faith,
Twilight author, Stephanie Meyer, captivates her audience by weaving one single concept throughout her entire series -- the quest for eternal love. As romantic and fantastical as this may be to read, for Meyer, a Mormon, it is more than just mere fantasy--its reality minus, of course, all the vampire action.
The belief that love is eternal is at the very heart of the meaning of love for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Its the lens through which Mormons view their most personal relationships, serve community and extend their outreach in charitable humanitarian efforts globally.
The source of this eternal love emanates from God; whom individual members enter a covenant relationship to follow His Son, Jesus Christ, and emulate his teachings throughout their lives. With this priority firmly in place, Mormons set off with a desire, instinctively knowing that, When ye have done it unto one of the least of these a spouse, child, friend, neighbor, even a stranger Ye have done it unto me.
- Pope prays at Armenia memorial after...
- Pope visits Armenia's closed border with...
- Pope's message of peace resonates with Syrian...
- Retired pope thanks reigning pope for his...
- Apocalypse when? How teachings on the end of...
- Music and the Spoken Word: Radiate goodness
- Hamblin & Peterson: John Knox and the...
- Could Brexit be an apocalyptic prediction?
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 168
- The pro-life plan that could reverse... 37
- Did Trump really just become a... 37
- Long PBS piece calls Mormon welfare... 15
- Could Brexit be an apocalyptic prediction? 12
- Pope Francis: Christians should... 12
- Faith leaders respond to Supreme... 12
- God? Meaning of life? Many Americans... 12