Our take: Blogger Kathryn Skaggs of Well Behaved Mormon Woman writes about how love to members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is centered around eternity and how important that concept is to the faith,
Twilight author, Stephanie Meyer, captivates her audience by weaving one single concept throughout her entire series -- the quest for eternal love. As romantic and fantastical as this may be to read, for Meyer, a Mormon, it is more than just mere fantasy--its reality minus, of course, all the vampire action.
The belief that love is eternal is at the very heart of the meaning of love for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Its the lens through which Mormons view their most personal relationships, serve community and extend their outreach in charitable humanitarian efforts globally.
The source of this eternal love emanates from God; whom individual members enter a covenant relationship to follow His Son, Jesus Christ, and emulate his teachings throughout their lives. With this priority firmly in place, Mormons set off with a desire, instinctively knowing that, When ye have done it unto one of the least of these a spouse, child, friend, neighbor, even a stranger Ye have done it unto me.
- 35 memorable photos from the LDS Church News...
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new movie,...
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote 'Meet...
- Carrie Underwood shares her Christian faith...
- 2 LDS teens create video to share Mormon beliefs
- 1964 World's Fair pavilion had far-reaching...
- Republicans rallying behind religious... 32
- FamilySearch provides LDS members with... 18
- LDS Church leaders share excitement for... 14
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members 10
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote... 6
- Religious leaders agree ISIS must be... 6
- 1964 World's Fair pavilion had... 5
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new... 5