Our take: Blogger Kathryn Skaggs of Well Behaved Mormon Woman writes about how love to members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is centered around eternity and how important that concept is to the faith,
Twilight author, Stephanie Meyer, captivates her audience by weaving one single concept throughout her entire series -- the quest for eternal love. As romantic and fantastical as this may be to read, for Meyer, a Mormon, it is more than just mere fantasy--its reality minus, of course, all the vampire action.
The belief that love is eternal is at the very heart of the meaning of love for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Its the lens through which Mormons view their most personal relationships, serve community and extend their outreach in charitable humanitarian efforts globally.
The source of this eternal love emanates from God; whom individual members enter a covenant relationship to follow His Son, Jesus Christ, and emulate his teachings throughout their lives. With this priority firmly in place, Mormons set off with a desire, instinctively knowing that, When ye have done it unto one of the least of these a spouse, child, friend, neighbor, even a stranger Ye have done it unto me.
- 100 inspirational quotes from Mormon leaders
- LDS missionaries share messages about...
- President Uchtdorf visits Provo City Center...
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved legal...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Well-prepared LDS Scouts rescue couple off...
- UVU men's soccer makes its program debut with...
- Comic: Overcome with the spirit
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved... 61
- BYU coach, players answer questions at... 17
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common... 12
- 'True compassion': Members of the LDS... 8
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former... 6
- What does heaven look like? Here are 10... 6
- Watch: Mormon missionaries save baby ducks 3
- Brigham Young, Utah War topic of... 3