Thank you Dr. Aaron Barson! As an obstetrician-gynecologist who cares for women daily and as a mother of a 13-year-old boy and 10-year-old girl, I was thrilled when I saw your billboard and ads throughout the city providing me with a great opportunity to discuss body image. A healthy-appearing woman with normal body proportions is shown looking down at her un-augmented chest, measuring it with the words "Go Natural Breast Augmentation."
What a wonderful opportunity to talk with our children, friends and family about the intense marketing of an unnatural body image which profits plastic surgeons and others and leads women on an endless quest for the perfect face, chest, abdomen and buttocks in the eyes of someone other than our maker. All women can make their own choices on how they want to alter their bodies, I am just glad to have such an obvious way to start a conversation with my children.
Audrey Jiricko, M.D.
- Letters: Move to the center 37
- Letters: Founders' values 34
- Dan Liljenquist: IRS scandal is an... 32
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should... 29
- Letters: Dismantle IRS 25
- Commentary claims liberals are shocked... 21
- In our opinion: Utah's caucus system... 20
- White House press corps has been turned... 19