TUCSON, Ariz. — Real Salt Lake drew its opening match of the FC Tucson Desert Diamond Cup on Wednesday night, tying the New York Red Bulls 2-2 at Kino Veterans Memorial Stadium in Tucson, Ariz.
RSL head coach Jason Kreis ran out a reserve-laden starting lineup, beginning the match with zero expected 2013 regulars on the field. New York took a different approach, running Designated Players Thierry Henry and Tim Cahill out in a strong first XI.
Joao Plata and Cole Grossman scored for RSL.
RED-HOT WRANGLERS CORRAL GRIZZLIES
WEST VALLEY CITY — The Las Vegas Wranglers broke up a 3-2 third-period game to beat the Utah Grizzlies 5-2 Wednesday evening at Maverik Center. Las Vegas won its eighth straight game.
— Deseret News staff and wire reports
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- Ranking the best point guards in the NBA...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars'...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 282
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 92
- Things won't get any easier for... 75
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 45
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 36