TUCSON, Ariz. — Real Salt Lake drew its opening match of the FC Tucson Desert Diamond Cup on Wednesday night, tying the New York Red Bulls 2-2 at Kino Veterans Memorial Stadium in Tucson, Ariz.
RSL head coach Jason Kreis ran out a reserve-laden starting lineup, beginning the match with zero expected 2013 regulars on the field. New York took a different approach, running Designated Players Thierry Henry and Tim Cahill out in a strong first XI.
Joao Plata and Cole Grossman scored for RSL.
RED-HOT WRANGLERS CORRAL GRIZZLIES
WEST VALLEY CITY — The Las Vegas Wranglers broke up a 3-2 third-period game to beat the Utah Grizzlies 5-2 Wednesday evening at Maverik Center. Las Vegas won its eighth straight game.
— Deseret News staff and wire reports
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- Utah football: Delshawn McClellon announces...
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- High school wrestling: Perennial powers...
- Utah State's Evans has been on a 'long journey'
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 103
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 34
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 30
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 25