Utah Jazz: Paul Millsap thinking only about winning, not trade rumors
MINNEAPOLIS — Jazz forward Paul Millsap said trade speculation involving the Brooklyn Nets is news to him.
Millsap, who scored a team-best 21 points Wednesday as the Jazz outlasted Minnesota 97-93, said he has heard "nothing at all" about New York Daily News reports that the Nets are focused on acquiring him through a trade for forward Kris Humphries.
"I don't know what's going to happen in the future," Millsap said. "I can't determine that. I'm just going to try and continue to win games and see what happens."
The Nets are reportedly eager to deal Humphries, and a swap for Millsap could see Humphries return to the Jazz, the team that drafted him in 2004. Humphries played two seasons in Utah, averaging 3.6 points and 11.6 minutes per game before being traded to the Toronto Raptors. Last season, Humphries averaged 13.8 points, 11 rebounds and 1.2 blocks per game, all career highs.
Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin did not comment on trade talk. But he would like Millsap, who has spent all seven seasons of his NBA career with the Jazz, to remain with the organization.
"He's a great guy to have on the team," Corbin said. "He's a great person off the floor first of all. He's a hard worker and a great teammate. He continues to make tremendous strides from the day we drafted him. He's continued to grow every year and wants to get better at his game."
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 29
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 19