Utah Jazz: Paul Millsap thinking only about winning, not trade rumors
MINNEAPOLIS — Jazz forward Paul Millsap said trade speculation involving the Brooklyn Nets is news to him.
Millsap, who scored a team-best 21 points Wednesday as the Jazz outlasted Minnesota 97-93, said he has heard "nothing at all" about New York Daily News reports that the Nets are focused on acquiring him through a trade for forward Kris Humphries.
"I don't know what's going to happen in the future," Millsap said. "I can't determine that. I'm just going to try and continue to win games and see what happens."
The Nets are reportedly eager to deal Humphries, and a swap for Millsap could see Humphries return to the Jazz, the team that drafted him in 2004. Humphries played two seasons in Utah, averaging 3.6 points and 11.6 minutes per game before being traded to the Toronto Raptors. Last season, Humphries averaged 13.8 points, 11 rebounds and 1.2 blocks per game, all career highs.
Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin did not comment on trade talk. But he would like Millsap, who has spent all seven seasons of his NBA career with the Jazz, to remain with the organization.
"He's a great guy to have on the team," Corbin said. "He's a great person off the floor first of all. He's a hard worker and a great teammate. He continues to make tremendous strides from the day we drafted him. He's continued to grow every year and wants to get better at his game."
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 105
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 91
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 76
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 50
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 49
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 36