In my opinion Andrew McDonald's letter to the editor is right on track with what is wrong with the Republican party ("GOP too extreme," Feb. 9). Too much extremism to the right is driving good people away so they either don't vote or vote for a more moderate candidate. Mitt Romney is a good man, but in my opinion he went so far to the right in winning the primary that people had many concerns about what he would do as president.
I heard a lady say on TV the other day that the Republican party had to change its direction or change its symbol to the woolly mammoth because it would be extinct. What ever happened to the party Ronald Regan led as president? I think it is because there were no tea party-type extremists to split the party.
Don C. Cunningham
- There are no Frodos without Sams: The reality...
- My view: Eliminating the root cause of bullying
- Gov. Herbert: Executing fundamentals for a...
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- In our opinion: In an entrepreneurial...
- Brad Stine: Words created everything, so we...
- Jay Evensen: Infatuated with his good looks,...
- Letter: Medicare Advantage costs
- Letter: Socialism, like salt 49
- Letter: Disagreement vs. hate 42
- George F. Will: Understanding our... 41
- There are no Frodos without Sams: The... 39
- In our opinion: An immigration opportunity 35
- My view: Immigration reform just makes... 33
- Robert J. Samuelson: Long-term... 26
- My view: Eliminating the root cause of... 26