In my opinion Andrew McDonald's letter to the editor is right on track with what is wrong with the Republican party ("GOP too extreme," Feb. 9). Too much extremism to the right is driving good people away so they either don't vote or vote for a more moderate candidate. Mitt Romney is a good man, but in my opinion he went so far to the right in winning the primary that people had many concerns about what he would do as president.
I heard a lady say on TV the other day that the Republican party had to change its direction or change its symbol to the woolly mammoth because it would be extinct. What ever happened to the party Ronald Regan led as president? I think it is because there were no tea party-type extremists to split the party.
Don C. Cunningham
- Which states are best for tax payers?
- In our opinion: Utah is not a swing state and...
- In our opinion: Western land standoff aside,...
- Doug Robinson: Horrific crimes show the thin...
- Jay Evensen: No more rent for inmates —...
- Letter: Right and wrong
- Letter: Plenty of danger in e-cigarettes
- My view: Utah's agriculture industry needs...
- Letter: Right and wrong 96
- My view: Anti-science ruins the climate... 68
- Robert Bennett: Immigration reform... 64
- Letter: Science consensus is slow,... 51
- In our opinion: Confronted by power,... 40
- In our opinion: Western land standoff... 36
- John Hoffmire: Why shouldn’t... 29
- Letter: Republican empathy too rare 28