In my opinion Andrew McDonald's letter to the editor is right on track with what is wrong with the Republican party ("GOP too extreme," Feb. 9). Too much extremism to the right is driving good people away so they either don't vote or vote for a more moderate candidate. Mitt Romney is a good man, but in my opinion he went so far to the right in winning the primary that people had many concerns about what he would do as president.
I heard a lady say on TV the other day that the Republican party had to change its direction or change its symbol to the woolly mammoth because it would be extinct. What ever happened to the party Ronald Regan led as president? I think it is because there were no tea party-type extremists to split the party.
Don C. Cunningham
- Stuart Reid: Despite study results, religion...
- Dan Liljenquist: Utah Retirement System audit...
- My view: Reducing benefits gradually can make...
- National debt not just financial issue...
- Letter: Put people in control
- In Our Opinion: Hatch-Cardin bill to make...
- Richard Davis: The million-dollar question...
- Letter: Beware of barbecued bugs
- Stuart Reid: Despite study results,... 49
- Richard Davis: The million-dollar... 48
- Letter: Solar surcharge 34
- In our opinion: Study cites excessive... 32
- In our opinion: Teacher evaluations a... 30
- Michael Gerson: Republicans should... 30
- My view: Reducing benefits gradually... 28
- Letter: Keep it simple 27