In my opinion Andrew McDonald's letter to the editor is right on track with what is wrong with the Republican party ("GOP too extreme," Feb. 9). Too much extremism to the right is driving good people away so they either don't vote or vote for a more moderate candidate. Mitt Romney is a good man, but in my opinion he went so far to the right in winning the primary that people had many concerns about what he would do as president.
I heard a lady say on TV the other day that the Republican party had to change its direction or change its symbol to the woolly mammoth because it would be extinct. What ever happened to the party Ronald Regan led as president? I think it is because there were no tea party-type extremists to split the party.
Don C. Cunningham
- Senate defeats Obama in Justice nod
- Letter: Religious freedom
- In our opinion: Maintaining balance
- Doug Robinson: Utah man discovers powerful...
- My view: Adoption legislation: Children...
- Jay Evensen: Don't mess with a great Utah...
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with...
- Dan Liljenquist: Count My Vote: Compromise...
- Letter: Minimum Wage insufficient 63
- Has Obama's foreign policy emboldened... 62
- Jay Evensen: Obama could use a dose of... 60
- Letter: Religious freedom 37
- Obama's biggest test: Ukraine 33
- Robert Bennett: Keystone: What... 32
- Michael Gerson: The GOP needs to... 22
- Letter: Reclassify ISPs as common carriers 19