In my opinion Andrew McDonald's letter to the editor is right on track with what is wrong with the Republican party ("GOP too extreme," Feb. 9). Too much extremism to the right is driving good people away so they either don't vote or vote for a more moderate candidate. Mitt Romney is a good man, but in my opinion he went so far to the right in winning the primary that people had many concerns about what he would do as president.
I heard a lady say on TV the other day that the Republican party had to change its direction or change its symbol to the woolly mammoth because it would be extinct. What ever happened to the party Ronald Regan led as president? I think it is because there were no tea party-type extremists to split the party.
Don C. Cunningham
- My view: Obama has you cornered with K-12...
- Five principles to help guide public dialogue...
- Letter: Human body
- Steve Eaton: Sundance the Talking Dog is gone
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: A more...
- My view: Use of force debate should recognize...
- In our opinion: School libraries need...
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on Mexican...
- Five principles to help guide public... 96
- In our opinion: Sen. Mike Lee's... 61
- Letter: Human body 37
- Robert J. Samuelson: The trouble with... 15
- Drew Clark: We need to consider... 15
- In our opinion: School libraries need... 13
- Letter: Transportation component 11
- My view: Obama has you cornered with... 9