In my opinion Andrew McDonald's letter to the editor is right on track with what is wrong with the Republican party ("GOP too extreme," Feb. 9). Too much extremism to the right is driving good people away so they either don't vote or vote for a more moderate candidate. Mitt Romney is a good man, but in my opinion he went so far to the right in winning the primary that people had many concerns about what he would do as president.
I heard a lady say on TV the other day that the Republican party had to change its direction or change its symbol to the woolly mammoth because it would be extinct. What ever happened to the party Ronald Regan led as president? I think it is because there were no tea party-type extremists to split the party.
Don C. Cunningham
- In our opinion: Trouble on tap? Colleges...
- Drew Clark: Religious freedom is more than a...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: How Utah...
- In our opinion: Par for the president
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to inversion is...
- Gabriel Roth: Get the government out of the...
- Letter: Legalizing drugs
- School fees: Is Utah really family... 49
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet 45
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to... 36
- Drew Clark: Religious freedom is more... 36
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 35
- Letter: Society puzzles 33
- Join the discussion: Is Common Core... 32