In my opinion Andrew McDonald's letter to the editor is right on track with what is wrong with the Republican party ("GOP too extreme," Feb. 9). Too much extremism to the right is driving good people away so they either don't vote or vote for a more moderate candidate. Mitt Romney is a good man, but in my opinion he went so far to the right in winning the primary that people had many concerns about what he would do as president.
I heard a lady say on TV the other day that the Republican party had to change its direction or change its symbol to the woolly mammoth because it would be extinct. What ever happened to the party Ronald Regan led as president? I think it is because there were no tea party-type extremists to split the party.
Don C. Cunningham
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum wage
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before...
- John Hoffmire: Fighting increasing health...
- The most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- In our opinion: Aging without a family
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: What's to be...
- My view: Utah needs to expand Medicaid
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 57
- Letter: Doctors unite 39
- Letter: Elected representatives 36
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 32
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 25
- George F. Will: Why Iran should be... 20
- Letter: No limits 20
- Michael E. Kraft: Yes, Congress should... 18