In my opinion Andrew McDonald's letter to the editor is right on track with what is wrong with the Republican party ("GOP too extreme," Feb. 9). Too much extremism to the right is driving good people away so they either don't vote or vote for a more moderate candidate. Mitt Romney is a good man, but in my opinion he went so far to the right in winning the primary that people had many concerns about what he would do as president.
I heard a lady say on TV the other day that the Republican party had to change its direction or change its symbol to the woolly mammoth because it would be extinct. What ever happened to the party Ronald Regan led as president? I think it is because there were no tea party-type extremists to split the party.
Don C. Cunningham
- Doug Robinson: We are in the midst of an era...
- Michael Gerson: The gospel according to JC...
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it
- Robert J. Samuelson: Government programs...
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum wage
- In our opinion: Forgiveness, positive focus...
- Matthew Sanders: Nelson Mandela's goodness...
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 62
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 57
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 41
- Letter: Doctors unite 40
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 32
- Michael E. Kraft: Yes, Congress should... 22
- Letter: Foreign aid 17
- My view: Utah needs to expand Medicaid 14