In my opinion Andrew McDonald's letter to the editor is right on track with what is wrong with the Republican party ("GOP too extreme," Feb. 9). Too much extremism to the right is driving good people away so they either don't vote or vote for a more moderate candidate. Mitt Romney is a good man, but in my opinion he went so far to the right in winning the primary that people had many concerns about what he would do as president.
I heard a lady say on TV the other day that the Republican party had to change its direction or change its symbol to the woolly mammoth because it would be extinct. What ever happened to the party Ronald Regan led as president? I think it is because there were no tea party-type extremists to split the party.
Don C. Cunningham
- A beleaguered family — 12 in 4...
- John Florez: The people's voices don't count
- In our opinion: Keep marriage questions
- In our opinion: Six heroes for our values in...
- Letter: Distance from religion
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Our year-end...
- Drew Clark: Ebola, cybersecurity and...
- In our opinion: Police vs. protests — a...
- Letter: Access to health care 42
- John Florez: The people's voices don't... 37
- In our opinion: Police vs. protests... 31
- Letter: Distance from religion 29
- Letter: Sharing culpability 22
- In our opinion: Keep marriage questions 18
- A. Scott Anderson: Peace on earth comes... 15
- Prisons bring much positive change 13