In my opinion Andrew McDonald's letter to the editor is right on track with what is wrong with the Republican party ("GOP too extreme," Feb. 9). Too much extremism to the right is driving good people away so they either don't vote or vote for a more moderate candidate. Mitt Romney is a good man, but in my opinion he went so far to the right in winning the primary that people had many concerns about what he would do as president.
I heard a lady say on TV the other day that the Republican party had to change its direction or change its symbol to the woolly mammoth because it would be extinct. What ever happened to the party Ronald Regan led as president? I think it is because there were no tea party-type extremists to split the party.
Don C. Cunningham
- From GOP convention to Pokemon Bernie: Last...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Shurtleff,...
- Jay's Jokes: Trump's true identity is Batman
- In our opinion: Utah's unique response to the...
- In our opinion: The GOP convention — a...
- John Florez: Justice delayed is justice denied
- My view: More whites should practice meekness...
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 35
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 32
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 30
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day 27
- My view: More whites should practice... 23
- My view: Reform coal leasing policies... 21
- Letter: Vote Gary Johnson 16
- John Florez: Justice delayed is justice... 13