In my opinion Andrew McDonald's letter to the editor is right on track with what is wrong with the Republican party ("GOP too extreme," Feb. 9). Too much extremism to the right is driving good people away so they either don't vote or vote for a more moderate candidate. Mitt Romney is a good man, but in my opinion he went so far to the right in winning the primary that people had many concerns about what he would do as president.
I heard a lady say on TV the other day that the Republican party had to change its direction or change its symbol to the woolly mammoth because it would be extinct. What ever happened to the party Ronald Regan led as president? I think it is because there were no tea party-type extremists to split the party.
Don C. Cunningham
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- Michael Gerson: A Senate takeover — No...
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell
- In our opinion: Technology in today's schools...
- My view: Congress must tackle tough issues
- John Hoffmire: What's the next step in the...
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense Secretary Leon...
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the campaign...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 148
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the... 87
- In our opinion: New conservative war on... 53
- In our opinion: Where has the family... 50
- Letter: What is ‘common good?’ 31
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 28
- In our opinion: School reformers should... 25
- Letter: Uninformed candidate 25