In my opinion Andrew McDonald's letter to the editor is right on track with what is wrong with the Republican party ("GOP too extreme," Feb. 9). Too much extremism to the right is driving good people away so they either don't vote or vote for a more moderate candidate. Mitt Romney is a good man, but in my opinion he went so far to the right in winning the primary that people had many concerns about what he would do as president.
I heard a lady say on TV the other day that the Republican party had to change its direction or change its symbol to the woolly mammoth because it would be extinct. What ever happened to the party Ronald Regan led as president? I think it is because there were no tea party-type extremists to split the party.
Don C. Cunningham
- Jay Evensen: Open wide and swallow your tax...
- George F. Will: IRS continues to act in...
- In our opinion: SB296 bridges...
- Dan Liljenquist: Looking to the Supreme Court...
- Letter: Political police work
- Richard Davis: Let the voters decide the...
- My view: Common Core tests erode parental rights
- Letter: Same stale air
- Bob Bennett: Climate change question... 95
- Mia Love: Big government needs to get... 93
- Letter: Same stale air 48
- My view: Common Core tests erode... 39
- Letter: Mandated freedom 37
- In our opinion: Talking of tax reform... 28
- Letter: Who's against Healthy Utah? 28
- John Florez: Lawmakers broke the... 25