In my opinion Andrew McDonald's letter to the editor is right on track with what is wrong with the Republican party ("GOP too extreme," Feb. 9). Too much extremism to the right is driving good people away so they either don't vote or vote for a more moderate candidate. Mitt Romney is a good man, but in my opinion he went so far to the right in winning the primary that people had many concerns about what he would do as president.
I heard a lady say on TV the other day that the Republican party had to change its direction or change its symbol to the woolly mammoth because it would be extinct. What ever happened to the party Ronald Regan led as president? I think it is because there were no tea party-type extremists to split the party.
Don C. Cunningham
- In our opinion: Optimism in politics would be...
- Letter: BSA lacks a compass
- In our opinion: NASA's New Horizons opens up...
- Letter: Erratic protests
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Identifying...
- Drew Clark: Utah prison volunteers provide a...
- Letter: Lagoon animals
- My view: Moving the prison would present...
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 67
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 47
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 46
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 40
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 27
- In our opinion: After change to state... 25
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA... 25
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to... 23