In my opinion Andrew McDonald's letter to the editor is right on track with what is wrong with the Republican party ("GOP too extreme," Feb. 9). Too much extremism to the right is driving good people away so they either don't vote or vote for a more moderate candidate. Mitt Romney is a good man, but in my opinion he went so far to the right in winning the primary that people had many concerns about what he would do as president.
I heard a lady say on TV the other day that the Republican party had to change its direction or change its symbol to the woolly mammoth because it would be extinct. What ever happened to the party Ronald Regan led as president? I think it is because there were no tea party-type extremists to split the party.
Don C. Cunningham
- Your future Utah needs your input now —...
- Drew Clark: Congress should modernize highway...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Economic turmoil in...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Mediocre...
- Letter: Special treatment
- Stuart Reid: Despite study results, religion...
- Letter: Chamber's misleading ad
- My View: Trade promotion authority would...
- My view: Reducing benefits gradually... 36
- Letter: A constant example 17
- National debt not just financial issue... 14
- Letter: The good ones 14
- Letter: Put people in control 13
- Letter: Today's young people care about... 11
- In our opinion: Clinton Foundation's... 8
- Jay Evensen: Why would anyone fill out... 7