In my opinion Andrew McDonald's letter to the editor is right on track with what is wrong with the Republican party ("GOP too extreme," Feb. 9). Too much extremism to the right is driving good people away so they either don't vote or vote for a more moderate candidate. Mitt Romney is a good man, but in my opinion he went so far to the right in winning the primary that people had many concerns about what he would do as president.
I heard a lady say on TV the other day that the Republican party had to change its direction or change its symbol to the woolly mammoth because it would be extinct. What ever happened to the party Ronald Regan led as president? I think it is because there were no tea party-type extremists to split the party.
Don C. Cunningham
- In our opinion: Mounting evidence suggests...
- About Utah: A big deal just got bigger
- In our opinion: Trump unmatched as a...
- In our opinion: U.S. Conference of Catholic...
- My view: Have we crippled our kids with a...
- Letter: Good Samaritan
- Robert J. Samuelson: Whatever happened to the...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Politicos...
- In our opinion: Trump unmatched as a... 69
- In our opinion: Mounting evidence... 51
- George F. Will: The low depths of... 28
- Letter: Good Samaritan 22
- In our opinion: U.S. Conference of... 20
- Letter: Inversion concerns 19
- My view: Keystone Pipeline not in... 17
- A. Scott Anderson: Inversions will... 16