In my opinion Andrew McDonald's letter to the editor is right on track with what is wrong with the Republican party ("GOP too extreme," Feb. 9). Too much extremism to the right is driving good people away so they either don't vote or vote for a more moderate candidate. Mitt Romney is a good man, but in my opinion he went so far to the right in winning the primary that people had many concerns about what he would do as president.
I heard a lady say on TV the other day that the Republican party had to change its direction or change its symbol to the woolly mammoth because it would be extinct. What ever happened to the party Ronald Regan led as president? I think it is because there were no tea party-type extremists to split the party.
Don C. Cunningham
- Jay Evensen: Utahns support Common Core, even...
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse tends to...
- 20 of the most influential and innovative...
- In our opinion: Park City's slippery slopes
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Lessons learned from...
- School fees: Is Utah really family friendly?
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do better...
- Letter: Criminalizing marijuana
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb:... 82
- Letter: Police brutality 62
- School fees: Is Utah really family... 47
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do... 41
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 34
- Robert J. Samuelson: Do Democrats do it... 28
- Letter: Teachers' perspective 28