Andrew McDonald bemoans extremism but fails to define identifying characteristics ("GOP too extreme," Feb. 9). Many like myself oppose: abortion (especially late-term or partial-birth), deficit spending in the face of horrendous national debt, media bias, excessive executive orders and recess appointments, open national borders and an increasingly bloated federal government. We support: a strong military, voter identification, free markets (capitalism), individual freedom and accountability and, above all, the U.S. Constitution. Please Mr. McDonald, which of these positions do you find "extreme"?
Fred L. Greer
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run for...
- Janna Darnell: Redefining marriage hurts...
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama...
- John Hoffmire: How to save capitalism
- Robert Bennett: Make climate conversations...
- My view: Don't make women optional in marriage
- Letter: Dance dress code
- Drew Clark: Either view of marriage debate...
- My view: Don't make women optional in... 102
- Janna Darnell: Redefining marriage... 81
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run... 62
- In our opinion: Religion in public life... 53
- Letter: Lateralist logic 40
- Join the discussion: How libertarian is... 36
- John Hoffmire: How to save capitalism 36
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama... 35