Andrew McDonald bemoans extremism but fails to define identifying characteristics ("GOP too extreme," Feb. 9). Many like myself oppose: abortion (especially late-term or partial-birth), deficit spending in the face of horrendous national debt, media bias, excessive executive orders and recess appointments, open national borders and an increasingly bloated federal government. We support: a strong military, voter identification, free markets (capitalism), individual freedom and accountability and, above all, the U.S. Constitution. Please Mr. McDonald, which of these positions do you find "extreme"?
Fred L. Greer
- From GOP convention to Pokemon Bernie: Last...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Shurtleff,...
- Jay's Jokes: Trump's true identity is Batman
- In our opinion: Utah's unique response to the...
- In our opinion: The GOP convention — a...
- John Florez: Justice delayed is justice denied
- My view: More whites should practice meekness...
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 35
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 32
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 30
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day 27
- My view: More whites should practice... 22
- My view: Reform coal leasing policies... 21
- Letter: Vote Gary Johnson 16
- John Florez: Justice delayed is justice... 13