Andrew McDonald bemoans extremism but fails to define identifying characteristics ("GOP too extreme," Feb. 9). Many like myself oppose: abortion (especially late-term or partial-birth), deficit spending in the face of horrendous national debt, media bias, excessive executive orders and recess appointments, open national borders and an increasingly bloated federal government. We support: a strong military, voter identification, free markets (capitalism), individual freedom and accountability and, above all, the U.S. Constitution. Please Mr. McDonald, which of these positions do you find "extreme"?
Fred L. Greer
- There are no Frodos without Sams: The reality...
- My view: Eliminating the root cause of bullying
- In our opinion: In an entrepreneurial...
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- Letter: Amnesty for who?
- In our opinion: FDA must consider regulating...
- Brad Stine: Words created everything, so we...
- Letter: Medicare Advantage costs
- Letter: Socialism, like salt 49
- There are no Frodos without Sams: The... 43
- Letter: Disagreement vs. hate 42
- George F. Will: Understanding our... 41
- In our opinion: An immigration opportunity 35
- My view: Immigration reform just makes... 33
- My view: Eliminating the root cause of... 27
- Robert J. Samuelson: Long-term... 26