Andrew McDonald bemoans extremism but fails to define identifying characteristics ("GOP too extreme," Feb. 9). Many like myself oppose: abortion (especially late-term or partial-birth), deficit spending in the face of horrendous national debt, media bias, excessive executive orders and recess appointments, open national borders and an increasingly bloated federal government. We support: a strong military, voter identification, free markets (capitalism), individual freedom and accountability and, above all, the U.S. Constitution. Please Mr. McDonald, which of these positions do you find "extreme"?
Fred L. Greer
- Robert Bennett: Obama has his own 'killer...
- In our opinion: Labor Day revisited
- Drew Clark: Religious freedom is more than a...
- John Hoffmire: Monied interests and democracy
- On second thought
- In our opinion: Trouble on tap? Colleges...
- About Utah: He's a fair fixture
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to inversion is...
- Drew Clark: Religious freedom is more... 51
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet 46
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to... 39
- Letter: Society puzzles 33
- Robert Bennett: Obama has his own... 30
- Americans are changing their tune on... 27
- In our opinion: Trouble on tap?... 25
- In our opinion: Par for the president 24