Andrew McDonald bemoans extremism but fails to define identifying characteristics ("GOP too extreme," Feb. 9). Many like myself oppose: abortion (especially late-term or partial-birth), deficit spending in the face of horrendous national debt, media bias, excessive executive orders and recess appointments, open national borders and an increasingly bloated federal government. We support: a strong military, voter identification, free markets (capitalism), individual freedom and accountability and, above all, the U.S. Constitution. Please Mr. McDonald, which of these positions do you find "extreme"?
Fred L. Greer
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging
- Nelson Mandela left legacy of freedom and faith
- In our opinion: Earmarks are becoming a...
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still separate...
- George F. Will: Why Iran should be contained
- Letter: Elected representatives
- If Iran truly wants only nuclear energy, it...
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging 48
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still... 43
- Robert J. Samuelson: Economics lacks... 40
- Charles Krauthammer: The real problem... 37
- Letter: Preventative care 29
- Robert Bennett: 'Nuclear option' ends... 27
- George F. Will: Why Iran should be... 18
- In our opinion: Pioneer Park progress... 16