High school basketball: Results from more than 30 Tuesday games statewide
WAYNE 73, LEGACY PREP 13: Wayne easily took care of business in the 1A play-in game, advancing to the first round on Wednesday where it will face defending champ St. Joseph.
WEBER 56, NORTHRIDGE 46: Erin Reichle and Maren Ulrich led the Warriors with 19 points and 12 points, respectively, in the road win over Northridge. In the loss, Sydnee Acord scored 13 points and had 6 steals, while Brittley Eldredge contributed 12 rebounds.
DAVIS 48, FREMONT 36: Visiting Davis held the Silver Wolves to just five points in the third quarter, while pulling away with the region victory. Natalie Mecham led all scorers with 17 points, and Jessica Richardson added 10 points for the Darts.
SYRACUSE 43, LAYTON 41: The Titans withstood a furious Layton rally in the final quarter to hold on to the region victory. Takenna Hamblin led all scorers with 19 points for the road victory, while Ashley Price scored 15 points in the loss.
TAYLORSVILLE 48, HUNTER 38: Abi Black knocked down three 3-pointers en route to 14 points, and Mattie Evensen contributed 12 points as the Warriors earned the home victory. Tess Matagi scored a game-high 15 points for Hunter in the loss.
COTTONWOOD 54, JORDAN 41: Nichole Kristensen and Kari Uncles combined for 29 points and five 3-pointers to lead the Colt victory. Patty Daley led all scorers with 24 points for Jordan in the loss.
ALTA 55, WEST JORDAN 50: Alta opened the game with a 17-7 run in the first quarter, and never conceded the lead in the region battle. Jalissa Bagley netted 18 points in the Hawks victory.
BRIGHTON 58, COPPER HILLS 37: Maddy Chin, Alyssa Hirchi, and Lindsey Johnson scored 14 points, 12 points, and 11 points respectively in the Brighton win over Copper Hills. Shirsten Wissinger led the Grizzlies with 13 points.
LONE PEAK 55, LEHI 42: Emily Krout scored 15 points and grabbed 10 rebounds to record a double-double, as Lone Peak managed to pick up it's first region win of the season.
RIVERTON 62, PLEASANT GROVE 25: Four players scored in double-digits in the Riverton win over Pleasant Grove. In the loss, MeKenna Miles had 11 points, including three 3-pointers.
SKY VIEW 65, BOX ELDER 63: All four Sky View scorers reached double digits in the narrow region win over Box Elder. Tara Goldman led all scorers with 25 points, while Lindsey Warner led the Bees with 14 points in the loss.
BONNEVILLE 53, ROY 30: Kayla Eilertson and Emilie Volk each scored 15 points, and Bonneville dominated from start to finish in the region victory at home. Cortney Porter dished out 10 assist for the Lakers.
MOUNTAIN CREST 0, LOGAN 0:
- BYU rolls by Utah State 51-28 to win the Old...
- BYU-Utah State: How to watch, listen to or...
- Hillary's grace: Watching her daughter...
- Schedule only gets tougher for BYU basketball...
- BYU's bowl destination — Las Vegas or...
- Cougars relish opportunity to play in-state...
- Utah Jazz: Hayward finally has breakout game...
- Brighton four-star recruit Sione Lund commits...
- BYU expecting a 'dogfight' in Logan... 59
- Utes fall to No. 23 in playoff... 52
- Morning links: Beehive State coaches on... 42
- BYU holds on for tougher-than-expected... 34
- Doug Robinson: It's the same old sad... 31
- Utah State denies David Collette's... 30
- Mangum 'humbled' to be BYU's... 29
- Disappointed Utes determined to bounce... 24