Home depot picks Apple over BlackBerry — maybe, just maybe, it'll be sorry it did
Our take: Home Depot decided to replace its corporate staff's BlackBerry smartphones with Apple's iPhone. Erika Morphy from Forbes writes about why Home Depot may end up regretting its decision.
"This in from Apple Insider: Home Depot has decided to supply its corporate staff with Apples iPhone 4S, ditching the some 10,000 BlackBerry smartphones its executives have used to date.
"Its a blow to RIM — sorry, BlackBerry — to be sure, especially following last years decision by the security-conscious Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency to use the iPhone, over RIM. But it hardly spells the end for the company, which is just getting started pitching the BlackBerry Z10, a phone that is about as opposite of the iPhone than one can get and still be a smart device.
"In fact it could well be that BlackBerry will look back at Home Depots decision as its turning point."
- Lawmakers looking to pump up gas tax this...
- Knocking doors: What to know before signing...
- Are you part of the global 'baby shortage'?
- Nintendo opens 2015 with some big announcements
- Kimberly Rotter: 7 weird things that affect...
- Greek radical left wins election, threatening...
- Young adults prefer to share chores and...
- EPA inventory highlights 'toxic' releases;...
- Lawmakers looking to pump up gas tax... 48
- Analysis: Obama seizes on recovery,... 17
- Utah has fourth largest gender wage... 12
- Are you part of the global 'baby... 12
- Another study lists Salt Lake as one of... 10
- Survey ranks Utah's best and worst... 9
- Obama pitches his economic plan to... 6
- Obama idea to trim college savings... 6