KIMIHIRO HOSHINO, AFP/Getty Images
Our take: American Express announced today a partnership with Twitter that allows customers to make purchases by tweeting certain hashtags. Heather Kelly from CNN writes about how the process will work.
"Twitter is getting into e-commerce. It's now possible to buy goods online in two steps by tweeting a special hashtag.
"The new collaboration between Twitter and American Express will turn the social media service into a shopping cart. American Express members who sign up will be able to buy products by mentioning the appropriate hashtag in a tweet. The @AmexSync account will tweet back with a confirmation hashtag.
"Once you tweet that confirmation hashtag, American Express will shoot you a confirmation e-mail and give you 15 minutes to confirm you want the product. Your card will be charged and the goods shipped to your billing address.
"The two companies announced the partnership on Monday and kicked it off with a single product offering, a $25 American Express gift card for $15. Other products will be available starting Wednesday morning.
"To start Twitter shopping you'll need to first sync your American Express card with Twitter. The service will only work with compatible American Express cards (no prepaid or corporate cards) and a public Twitter account."
- Young adults prefer to share chores and...
- Balancing act: Organizations slowly move...
- Dave Ramsey says: Make changes to save money
- Knocking doors: What to know before signing...
- Lawmakers looking to pump up gas tax this...
- Michelle Singletary: Making personal finance...
- Index indicates Utah economy thriving
- Business community supports tax increases for...
- Lawmakers looking to pump up gas tax... 60
- Utah has fourth largest gender wage... 12
- Are you part of the global 'baby... 12
- Greek radical left wins election,... 3
- Knocking doors: What to know before... 3
- US consumer confidence jumps to 7... 2
- Faith leaders: your secret weapon in... 2
- $2 gasoline: Good times keep rolling at... 1