KIMIHIRO HOSHINO, AFP/Getty Images
Our take: American Express announced today a partnership with Twitter that allows customers to make purchases by tweeting certain hashtags. Heather Kelly from CNN writes about how the process will work.
"Twitter is getting into e-commerce. It's now possible to buy goods online in two steps by tweeting a special hashtag.
"The new collaboration between Twitter and American Express will turn the social media service into a shopping cart. American Express members who sign up will be able to buy products by mentioning the appropriate hashtag in a tweet. The @AmexSync account will tweet back with a confirmation hashtag.
"Once you tweet that confirmation hashtag, American Express will shoot you a confirmation e-mail and give you 15 minutes to confirm you want the product. Your card will be charged and the goods shipped to your billing address.
"The two companies announced the partnership on Monday and kicked it off with a single product offering, a $25 American Express gift card for $15. Other products will be available starting Wednesday morning.
"To start Twitter shopping you'll need to first sync your American Express card with Twitter. The service will only work with compatible American Express cards (no prepaid or corporate cards) and a public Twitter account."
- How much did President Obama donate to his...
- Salt Lake City's inversion problem could mean...
- Crowds to flock to Salt Lake City this weekend
- Ride-sharing business launches despite...
- Utah wind power poised to increase
- Balancing act: French ban on after-hours...
- Sierra Club labels Utah oil shale, tar sands...
- Obamacare may not be as expensive as we thought
- How much did President Obama donate to... 46
- Obamacare may not be as expensive as we... 28
- Budget office: Raising federal minimum... 12
- Salt Lake City's inversion problem... 10
- March another record-setting month for... 5
- Sierra Club labels Utah oil shale, tar... 5
- U.S. 'tax freedom day' is 3 days later... 4
- Crowds to flock to Salt Lake City this... 4