KIMIHIRO HOSHINO, AFP/Getty Images
Our take: American Express announced today a partnership with Twitter that allows customers to make purchases by tweeting certain hashtags. Heather Kelly from CNN writes about how the process will work.
"Twitter is getting into e-commerce. It's now possible to buy goods online in two steps by tweeting a special hashtag.
"The new collaboration between Twitter and American Express will turn the social media service into a shopping cart. American Express members who sign up will be able to buy products by mentioning the appropriate hashtag in a tweet. The @AmexSync account will tweet back with a confirmation hashtag.
"Once you tweet that confirmation hashtag, American Express will shoot you a confirmation e-mail and give you 15 minutes to confirm you want the product. Your card will be charged and the goods shipped to your billing address.
"The two companies announced the partnership on Monday and kicked it off with a single product offering, a $25 American Express gift card for $15. Other products will be available starting Wednesday morning.
"To start Twitter shopping you'll need to first sync your American Express card with Twitter. The service will only work with compatible American Express cards (no prepaid or corporate cards) and a public Twitter account."
- Want to land your dream job? 4 must-do things
- Lehi supplement firm launches research lab
- University Place construction timeline released
- The few, the proudly employed, the coding...
- Why the West is the best place for...
- Monarchs say Fairpark deal is dead, team...
- LDS author analyzes benefits of inexperience...
- Taylor Cotterell: Time for a job change?...
- Defying GOP, Obama vetoes Keystone XL... 51
- FCC approves 'net neutrality' rules for... 26
- The few, the proudly employed, the... 7
- Monarchs say Fairpark deal is dead,... 3
- About 2,000 rally against right-to-work... 2
- University Place construction timeline... 2
- US Sen. Rubio: Education must get... 1
- Colorado fracking opponents plan drive... 1