Our take: Mountain Dew recently announced a new breakfast energy drink. Aimee Picchi from MSN Money analyzes the feasibility of Mountain Dew's new drink.
"Mountain Dew is hoping to become part of your morning routine.
"The PepsiCo (PEP -0.44%) brand is introducing a new drink called Kickstart, a 'sparkling juice beverage' with Mountain Dew flavor that contains caffeine, vitamins B and C, and, oh yes, some actual juice.
"The idea behind the drink is to reach out to people who don't like coffee or tea in the morning, but who want a little extra buzz beyond what can be found in juice.
"Mountain Dew drinkers 'didn't really see anything that fit their needs' among the current breakfast drink choices, Simon Lowden, the chief marketing officer for PepsiCo's Americas beverages, told the Associated Press.
"But it's unclear whether Kickstart can find a niche among its target audience. For starters, 18- to 24-year-olds are increasingly choosing to drink coffee, rather than caffeinated sodas, according to new survey data from NPD Group."
- PacSun pulls T-shirt from shelves after...
- More jobs are available, but new grads are...
- How strict should parents really be?
- Balancing act: Does parenting bring...
- The 10 best cities in America for job seekers...
- Dave Ramsey says: Build your budget together
- Derek B. Miller: Politics may end up costing...
- 'Such a stress reliever': In Rhode Island,...
- Clinton: GOP threatening small-business... 19
- Derek B. Miller: Politics may end up... 15
- 'Such a stress reliever': In Rhode... 13
- Democrats see skimpy insurance as the... 11
- Why many experts missed this: Cheap oil... 7
- PacSun pulls T-shirt from shelves after... 7
- Utah jobless rate holds steady at 3.4... 5
- How strict should parents really be? 5