Our take: Mountain Dew recently announced a new breakfast energy drink. Aimee Picchi from MSN Money analyzes the feasibility of Mountain Dew's new drink.
"Mountain Dew is hoping to become part of your morning routine.
"The PepsiCo (PEP -0.44%) brand is introducing a new drink called Kickstart, a 'sparkling juice beverage' with Mountain Dew flavor that contains caffeine, vitamins B and C, and, oh yes, some actual juice.
"The idea behind the drink is to reach out to people who don't like coffee or tea in the morning, but who want a little extra buzz beyond what can be found in juice.
"Mountain Dew drinkers 'didn't really see anything that fit their needs' among the current breakfast drink choices, Simon Lowden, the chief marketing officer for PepsiCo's Americas beverages, told the Associated Press.
"But it's unclear whether Kickstart can find a niche among its target audience. For starters, 18- to 24-year-olds are increasingly choosing to drink coffee, rather than caffeinated sodas, according to new survey data from NPD Group."
- The future of food? 3D printing moves beyond...
- 'Mantiques' could be a ticket to more cash
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod from...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- Kennecott lays off unspecified number of...
- XanGo seeks ouster of co-founder in new lawsuit
- US companies challenging contraception mandate
- Obama threatens veto of Republican student...
- S.L. draws up airport plans 33
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod... 29
- Should we let wunderkinds drop out of... 13
- Obama opposes GOP bill on Keystone XL... 11
- IRS official to take the 5th at hearing 8
- Apple's Cook to face Senate questions... 6
- The future of food? 3D printing moves... 6
- Obama threatens veto of Republican... 6