Our take: Mountain Dew recently announced a new breakfast energy drink. Aimee Picchi from MSN Money analyzes the feasibility of Mountain Dew's new drink.
"Mountain Dew is hoping to become part of your morning routine.
"The PepsiCo (PEP -0.44%) brand is introducing a new drink called Kickstart, a 'sparkling juice beverage' with Mountain Dew flavor that contains caffeine, vitamins B and C, and, oh yes, some actual juice.
"The idea behind the drink is to reach out to people who don't like coffee or tea in the morning, but who want a little extra buzz beyond what can be found in juice.
"Mountain Dew drinkers 'didn't really see anything that fit their needs' among the current breakfast drink choices, Simon Lowden, the chief marketing officer for PepsiCo's Americas beverages, told the Associated Press.
"But it's unclear whether Kickstart can find a niche among its target audience. For starters, 18- to 24-year-olds are increasingly choosing to drink coffee, rather than caffeinated sodas, according to new survey data from NPD Group."
- Dave Ramsey says: Tips for stretching dollars...
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are they...
- Salt Lake City is now 'Ski City USA' in new...
- Vail Resorts buys Park City Mountain Resort...
- 11 jobs that need women ... and men
- 4 financial follies of the millennial generation
- Retail sales are up since last month
- Mega-resort could give boost to Park City,...
- 11 jobs that need women ... and men 15
- Mega-resort could give boost to Park... 5
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are... 4
- Dave Ramsey says: Tips for stretching... 4
- Salt Lake City is now 'Ski City USA' in... 3
- How employers can improve the nation's... 2
- San Diego cabbies cry foul over body... 1
- GM expert says 19 deaths eligible for... 1