Our take: Mountain Dew recently announced a new breakfast energy drink. Aimee Picchi from MSN Money analyzes the feasibility of Mountain Dew's new drink.
"Mountain Dew is hoping to become part of your morning routine.
"The PepsiCo (PEP -0.44%) brand is introducing a new drink called Kickstart, a 'sparkling juice beverage' with Mountain Dew flavor that contains caffeine, vitamins B and C, and, oh yes, some actual juice.
"The idea behind the drink is to reach out to people who don't like coffee or tea in the morning, but who want a little extra buzz beyond what can be found in juice.
"Mountain Dew drinkers 'didn't really see anything that fit their needs' among the current breakfast drink choices, Simon Lowden, the chief marketing officer for PepsiCo's Americas beverages, told the Associated Press.
"But it's unclear whether Kickstart can find a niche among its target audience. For starters, 18- to 24-year-olds are increasingly choosing to drink coffee, rather than caffeinated sodas, according to new survey data from NPD Group."
- Kennecott hopes project will change mountain...
- State lawmaker calling for criminal probe...
- 10 jobs you can get right now
- 10 things to know about corporate inversions
- Amish country bristles at ‘Mafia’...
- Summit County sees credit card breach after...
- 6 financial moves to prevent sleepless nights
- 3 ways insurers can still avoid covering the...
- 10 things to know about corporate... 32
- 3 ways insurers can still avoid... 13
- Paul Mero steps down as head of... 9
- Cantwell targets small business loan... 4
- Applications for US unemployment aid... 4
- Dave Ramsey says: Government unlikely... 3
- Utah board approves winery in... 3
- Study: Social media users shy away from... 2