Our take: Mountain Dew recently announced a new breakfast energy drink. Aimee Picchi from MSN Money analyzes the feasibility of Mountain Dew's new drink.
"Mountain Dew is hoping to become part of your morning routine.
"The PepsiCo (PEP -0.44%) brand is introducing a new drink called Kickstart, a 'sparkling juice beverage' with Mountain Dew flavor that contains caffeine, vitamins B and C, and, oh yes, some actual juice.
"The idea behind the drink is to reach out to people who don't like coffee or tea in the morning, but who want a little extra buzz beyond what can be found in juice.
"Mountain Dew drinkers 'didn't really see anything that fit their needs' among the current breakfast drink choices, Simon Lowden, the chief marketing officer for PepsiCo's Americas beverages, told the Associated Press.
"But it's unclear whether Kickstart can find a niche among its target audience. For starters, 18- to 24-year-olds are increasingly choosing to drink coffee, rather than caffeinated sodas, according to new survey data from NPD Group."
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate with...
- Plan to simplify 2015 health renewals may...
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience
- Does getting married really increase wealth...
- Balancing act: Survey says lack of balance,...
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 18
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 12
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate... 9
- Does getting married really increase... 8
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 8
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 7
- Balancing act: Survey says lack of... 4
- 3 ways you can save money on movie... 3