Our take: Astronomers will soon decide on names for Pluto's two newly discovered moons. Nadia Drake from Wired writes about a website that allows people to vote on their choices for the names:
"It won't be long before Pluto's smallest moons, now called P4 and P5, are given names worthy of their association with the god of the underworld. And you will have a chance to vote for what you think the planetary runt's tiniest satellites should be called.
"'I really want this to be something the whole world can be involved in,' said ace moon-finder Mark Showalter, an astronomer at the SETI Institute.
"Showalter and his colleagues have designed a website, translated into 12 languages, that you can use to submit votes for your favorite names. For two weeks starting today, anyone with an internet connection can choose from among a dozen names suggested by the team.
"Or, if none of those names suffice, suggest your own.
"'There are so many choices we could have overlooked that could be just right,' Showalter said."
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Why we don't need to worry that Utah cities...
- At least 31 believed dead at Japanese volcano...
- Obama: US 'underestimated' Islamic State threat
- New mom Chelsea Clinton celebrates baby daughter
- Interracial marriages on the rise, but social...
- Game officials: Antelope poached near Casper
- US considers new offer to Iran at nuke talks
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 33
- Republicans rallying behind religious... 32
- Obama: US 'underestimated' Islamic... 22
- White House: Holder resigning as... 20
- New mom Chelsea Clinton celebrates baby... 13
- Police: Fired worker beheaded Oklahoma... 11
- Tens of thousands of immigrant families... 10
- Congress releases war funds to fight Ebola 9