Our take: Astronomers will soon decide on names for Pluto's two newly discovered moons. Nadia Drake from Wired writes about a website that allows people to vote on their choices for the names:
"It won't be long before Pluto's smallest moons, now called P4 and P5, are given names worthy of their association with the god of the underworld. And you will have a chance to vote for what you think the planetary runt's tiniest satellites should be called.
"'I really want this to be something the whole world can be involved in,' said ace moon-finder Mark Showalter, an astronomer at the SETI Institute.
"Showalter and his colleagues have designed a website, translated into 12 languages, that you can use to submit votes for your favorite names. For two weeks starting today, anyone with an internet connection can choose from among a dozen names suggested by the team.
"Or, if none of those names suffice, suggest your own.
"'There are so many choices we could have overlooked that could be just right,' Showalter said."
- Photos: UCLA wades through damage caused by...
- Obama to GOP: 'Stop just hating all the time'
- Child sex trafficking bust reveals worries...
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Most Americans believe the U.S. should offer...
- Georgia girl struck by plane on Florida beach...
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit against Obama
- Democrats have million-dollar day on impeachment
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all... 44
- Obama to GOP: 'Stop just hating all the... 42
- Most Americans believe the U.S. should... 25
- Obama maintains busy fundraising... 22
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 18
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit... 15
- Democrats have million-dollar day on... 13
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule;... 12