Our take: Astronomers will soon decide on names for Pluto's two newly discovered moons. Nadia Drake from Wired writes about a website that allows people to vote on their choices for the names:
"It won't be long before Pluto's smallest moons, now called P4 and P5, are given names worthy of their association with the god of the underworld. And you will have a chance to vote for what you think the planetary runt's tiniest satellites should be called.
"'I really want this to be something the whole world can be involved in,' said ace moon-finder Mark Showalter, an astronomer at the SETI Institute.
"Showalter and his colleagues have designed a website, translated into 12 languages, that you can use to submit votes for your favorite names. For two weeks starting today, anyone with an internet connection can choose from among a dozen names suggested by the team.
"Or, if none of those names suffice, suggest your own.
"'There are so many choices we could have overlooked that could be just right,' Showalter said."
- Utah humanitarian aid worker returns from...
- Southern Baptists tell pastors: hold line on...
- New dynasty: Giants capture 3rd title in 5 years
- Gunfire, arrests erupt as Giants fans revel...
- Israeli leader lashes back at harsh US criticism
- Maine in standoff with nurse over Ebola...
- Pope Francis: ‘Evolution is not...
- Churches proceed carefully when encouraging...
- Pope Francis: ‘Evolution ... 62
- Southern Baptists tell pastors: hold... 37
- Pastor who performed gay marriage keeps... 30
- Utah among lowest in nation in... 20
- Obama on Ebola fight: US can't seal... 19
- Churches proceed carefully when... 16
- George P. Bush says dad Jeb Bush is... 15
- Israeli leader lashes back at harsh US... 13