Utah Grizzlies trounced at Maverik Center by Idaho Steelheads
WEST VALLEY CITY — The Idaho Steelheads defeated the Utah Grizzlies 6-0 Sunday evening at Maverik Center.
"It's fair to say I haven't been this frustrated in five years," said Grizzlies Head Coach Kevin Colley. "We've been in a lot of different scenarios in the last five years and it's pretty sad that we can't go out and execute and play as a team. I know guys know how to do it because I've seen them do it. We know how to compete and play defense and I'll leave it at that. Idaho plays a 60-minute game and they play hard; you have to tip your cap to them."
Idaho led 1-0 after one period as they scored on a five-on-three goal as each team tallied 15 shots in the frame.
The Steelheads scored three goals in 7:23 early in the second period as Utah fell asleep in their own end and couldn't get pucks out.
Idaho built their 4-0 lead to 6-0 with two late power-play goals.
The Grizzlies continue their seven-game home stand Wednesday with Las Vegas.
Utah is home next weekend for Military Night Friday and Pink in the Rink Saturday for breast cancer awareness. Friday, active military in uniform and veterans can get 50-percent off tickets.
- Gallery of champions: All 94 state...
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team landed...
- Photo gallery: NFL players with local ties...
- Utah Jazz: Hugh Greenwood isn’t just a...
- Video: Former BYU outfielder Jacob...
- Morning links: BYU and Utah have games ranked...
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Ken Beazer proud of his accomplishments at...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 90
- Morning links: BYU and Utah have games... 58
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 50
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 48
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team... 29
- Brad Rock: Tackle football for girls... 15
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 14
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner... 8