Utah Grizzlies trounced at Maverik Center by Idaho Steelheads
WEST VALLEY CITY — The Idaho Steelheads defeated the Utah Grizzlies 6-0 Sunday evening at Maverik Center.
"It's fair to say I haven't been this frustrated in five years," said Grizzlies Head Coach Kevin Colley. "We've been in a lot of different scenarios in the last five years and it's pretty sad that we can't go out and execute and play as a team. I know guys know how to do it because I've seen them do it. We know how to compete and play defense and I'll leave it at that. Idaho plays a 60-minute game and they play hard; you have to tip your cap to them."
Idaho led 1-0 after one period as they scored on a five-on-three goal as each team tallied 15 shots in the frame.
The Steelheads scored three goals in 7:23 early in the second period as Utah fell asleep in their own end and couldn't get pucks out.
Idaho built their 4-0 lead to 6-0 with two late power-play goals.
The Grizzlies continue their seven-game home stand Wednesday with Las Vegas.
Utah is home next weekend for Military Night Friday and Pink in the Rink Saturday for breast cancer awareness. Friday, active military in uniform and veterans can get 50-percent off tickets.
- Guard Elijah Bryant announces he is...
- Cougars say they have learned lessons in wake...
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive line...
- Morning links: Devontae Booker to be Utah's...
- Utah Utes football: Ranking the best players...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk (ahem,...
- Whittingham dishes on stadium expansion,...
- Rock On: Jazz hire a film classic (sort of)
- Phil Steele gives tempered assessment... 76
- Morning links: Utah is on the rise in... 74
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 64
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 41
- BYU looking for another defensive... 33
- Morning links: Tom Hackett is the Utes'... 31
- Utah Utes backup quarterback Donovan... 29
- Morning links: Devontae Booker to be... 18