Utah Grizzlies trounced at Maverik Center by Idaho Steelheads
WEST VALLEY CITY — The Idaho Steelheads defeated the Utah Grizzlies 6-0 Sunday evening at Maverik Center.
"It's fair to say I haven't been this frustrated in five years," said Grizzlies Head Coach Kevin Colley. "We've been in a lot of different scenarios in the last five years and it's pretty sad that we can't go out and execute and play as a team. I know guys know how to do it because I've seen them do it. We know how to compete and play defense and I'll leave it at that. Idaho plays a 60-minute game and they play hard; you have to tip your cap to them."
Idaho led 1-0 after one period as they scored on a five-on-three goal as each team tallied 15 shots in the frame.
The Steelheads scored three goals in 7:23 early in the second period as Utah fell asleep in their own end and couldn't get pucks out.
Idaho built their 4-0 lead to 6-0 with two late power-play goals.
The Grizzlies continue their seven-game home stand Wednesday with Las Vegas.
Utah is home next weekend for Military Night Friday and Pink in the Rink Saturday for breast cancer awareness. Friday, active military in uniform and veterans can get 50-percent off tickets.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- The Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 8: A Utah...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26