Utah Grizzlies trounced at Maverik Center by Idaho Steelheads
WEST VALLEY CITY — The Idaho Steelheads defeated the Utah Grizzlies 6-0 Sunday evening at Maverik Center.
"It's fair to say I haven't been this frustrated in five years," said Grizzlies Head Coach Kevin Colley. "We've been in a lot of different scenarios in the last five years and it's pretty sad that we can't go out and execute and play as a team. I know guys know how to do it because I've seen them do it. We know how to compete and play defense and I'll leave it at that. Idaho plays a 60-minute game and they play hard; you have to tip your cap to them."
Idaho led 1-0 after one period as they scored on a five-on-three goal as each team tallied 15 shots in the frame.
The Steelheads scored three goals in 7:23 early in the second period as Utah fell asleep in their own end and couldn't get pucks out.
Idaho built their 4-0 lead to 6-0 with two late power-play goals.
The Grizzlies continue their seven-game home stand Wednesday with Las Vegas.
Utah is home next weekend for Military Night Friday and Pink in the Rink Saturday for breast cancer awareness. Friday, active military in uniform and veterans can get 50-percent off tickets.
- Utah's first family of boxing loses one of...
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football winner...
- BYU basketball guard Anson Winder and...
- Morning links: Utes land a local commitment...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make...
- Utah Jazz forward Gordon Hayward gets a...
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball, slow down
- Believe it or not: QB Travis Wilson is set to...
- Peavler: Can BYU football rise up to... 67
- Tyler Haws vows BYU will turn it around... 38
- San Diego hands BYU its second straight... 37
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 32
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 29
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 29
- Dick Harmon: Texas speedster Charles... 28
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 25