Utah Grizzlies trounced at Maverik Center by Idaho Steelheads
WEST VALLEY CITY — The Idaho Steelheads defeated the Utah Grizzlies 6-0 Sunday evening at Maverik Center.
"It's fair to say I haven't been this frustrated in five years," said Grizzlies Head Coach Kevin Colley. "We've been in a lot of different scenarios in the last five years and it's pretty sad that we can't go out and execute and play as a team. I know guys know how to do it because I've seen them do it. We know how to compete and play defense and I'll leave it at that. Idaho plays a 60-minute game and they play hard; you have to tip your cap to them."
Idaho led 1-0 after one period as they scored on a five-on-three goal as each team tallied 15 shots in the frame.
The Steelheads scored three goals in 7:23 early in the second period as Utah fell asleep in their own end and couldn't get pucks out.
Idaho built their 4-0 lead to 6-0 with two late power-play goals.
The Grizzlies continue their seven-game home stand Wednesday with Las Vegas.
Utah is home next weekend for Military Night Friday and Pink in the Rink Saturday for breast cancer awareness. Friday, active military in uniform and veterans can get 50-percent off tickets.
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get washed away...
- High school football: Bingham accepts invite...
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach...
- High school football: Timpview overcomes...
- Dick Harmon: Utah tries to break out of...
- BYU's senior day emotional for Cougar coach...
- High school football: Defense, big plays pave...
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior... 115
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 94
- Runnin' Utes lose defensive battle at... 68
- Utes still have outside chance at... 36
- UHSAA's Board of Trustees assigns high... 35
- For BYU, it's not about opponent... 30
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 25
- Freshman Jake Toolson leads Cougars... 21