Ravell Call, Deseret News
WEBER 66, SYRACUSE 62: Syracuse nearly clawed its way back to victory after trailing Weber by 17 after three periods, but its 28-point effort in the final period was too little, too late. Hayden Schenk led the Warriors with 18 points, while Jaren McKnight added 16 more.
KEARNS 60, WEST 51: Dayon Goodman went off for a game high 38 points, as Kearns managed to sneak past West in region play.
TAYLORSVILLE 60, GRANGER 52: Taylorsville's strong second half gave the Warriors the road win over Granger in region play. Jevin Warren's game-high 23 points, and Kia Delacerna's three 3-pointers fueled the Warriors.
BRIGHTON 73, COTTONWOOD 51: Brandon Miller's game-high 23 points earned him the title of Brighton's all-time leading scorer while fueling the Bengals in the blowout victory over Cottonwood.
ALTA 67, JORDAN 59: Alta's Elijah Glissmeyer scored eight points in his return to basketball after his near-fatal injury earlier in the year. In their win, the Hawks saw three players score in double digits led by Landon Albrecht and Trevor Hill, who each scored 15 points.
WEST JORDAN 55, COPPER HILLS 37: West Jordan ran away from Copper Hills in the fourth quarter to solidify the win over Copper Hills in region play. Parker Brown poured in a game-high 18 points, and Spencer Nisson added 13 for the Jaguars.
ROY 55, MOUNTAIN CREST 43: Brekkott Chapman paced Roy with 23 points, and the home team enjoyed the lead the entire night to cruise past Mountain Crest in region play.
BOX ELDER 52, BONNEVILLE 51: After getting outscored by 17 points in the first half, Box Elder dominated the second half and squeezed by Bonneville on the road in region play. Shad Watson's five 3-pointers and game-high 33 points led the way for the Bees.
HIGHLAND 60, WOODS CROSS 50: Highland had four players score in double-figures, led by Todd Connolly with 16 points, as the Rams escaped with the victory on Woods Cross' home floor.
BOUNTIFUL 59, CYPRUS 39: Pere LeSueur led all scorers with 14-points, and Bountiful kept it's region record perfect at 8-0 with the lopsided win at home.
EAST 51, CLEARFIELD 48: Despite shooting 12-of-26 from the charity stripe, East was able to grind out the win behind Parker Van Dyke's game-high 26 points. Marquis Jones' 18 points fueled Clearfield in the loss.
- Week 17 NFL locals roundup & gallery: Ansah...
- Prep Wrestling: state's best wrestlers to...
- How to watch Utah football stars, local...
- Herriman brothers say their bond, competition...
- Prep Wrestling: Mountain View wins Bruin Classic
- Utahns who made us love sports in 2015
- High school basketball: Morby's last-second...
- MountainStar Healthcare Star Athletes of Week 20
- Locals and the NFL playoffs: Alex... 1
- Herriman brothers say their bond,... 1
- Utahns who made us love sports in 2015 0
- High school basketball: Morby's... 0
- How to watch Utah football stars, local... 0
- Prep Wrestling: state's best wrestlers... 0
- Prep Wrestling: Mountain View wins... 0
- Week 17 NFL locals roundup & gallery:... 0