BOISE — The Idaho Steelheads hammered in a power-play goal with 1:21 left in overtime to beat Utah 5-4 Friday night at CenturyLink Arena in a game that lasted almost three hours.
Utah finishes their season-long seven-game road trip 3-2-1-1 and collects eight of 14 standings points as they head home to open a seven-game homestand today at 7 p.m. with the Idaho Steelheads.
The wild game featured four different one-goal leads with Idaho up 1-0, 2-1, 3-2 and Utah up 4-3 in the third period. The game was tied for 40:36 minutes of the 63:39 played. The two teams combined for 89 shots, with Utah outshooting Idaho 47-42.
All four Utah goals came on the power-play with Mitch Wahl (15,16, 17) and Bryan Cameron (15) scoring.
Utah tied the game at 3 with 0.7 seconds left in the second period and took a 4-3 lead 1:34 into the third period on a Bryan Cameron goal. The Grizzlies tied the game 2:58 after falling behind 3-2. They tied the game at 2 less than two minutes into the second period as Mitch Wahl hammered home a loose puck in the crease.
Shane Owen stopped 37 of 42 shots, once again in place of the injured Andrew Engelage.
Today's game is "Pooch on the Pond" with a $20 ticket available for a dog and their companion.
UVU on the air
Texas-Pan American (12-12, 3-1) at Utah Valley (10-13, 1-3)
Today, 7 p.m.
UCCU Center, Orem
Radio: 960 AM
- Big 12 commissioner: Some in league feel...
- Former Cardinals exec sentenced to 4 years in...
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big 12...
- Poll: Many Brazilians think Olympic Games...
- AP source: ACC, ESPN to launch ACC Network in...
- BYU and the Big 12: A timeline of events
- NCAA: No. 1 overall seed to choose tourney...
- IOC explores legal options on banning all...
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big... 122
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down... 105
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 67
- Morning links: National college... 62
- Report: Houston AD meets with Pac-12... 58
- Big 12 Media Days social roundup:... 49
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 45
- Annual instate college basketball... 37