BOISE — The Idaho Steelheads hammered in a power-play goal with 1:21 left in overtime to beat Utah 5-4 Friday night at CenturyLink Arena in a game that lasted almost three hours.
Utah finishes their season-long seven-game road trip 3-2-1-1 and collects eight of 14 standings points as they head home to open a seven-game homestand today at 7 p.m. with the Idaho Steelheads.
The wild game featured four different one-goal leads with Idaho up 1-0, 2-1, 3-2 and Utah up 4-3 in the third period. The game was tied for 40:36 minutes of the 63:39 played. The two teams combined for 89 shots, with Utah outshooting Idaho 47-42.
All four Utah goals came on the power-play with Mitch Wahl (15,16, 17) and Bryan Cameron (15) scoring.
Utah tied the game at 3 with 0.7 seconds left in the second period and took a 4-3 lead 1:34 into the third period on a Bryan Cameron goal. The Grizzlies tied the game 2:58 after falling behind 3-2. They tied the game at 2 less than two minutes into the second period as Mitch Wahl hammered home a loose puck in the crease.
Shane Owen stopped 37 of 42 shots, once again in place of the injured Andrew Engelage.
Today's game is "Pooch on the Pond" with a $20 ticket available for a dog and their companion.
UVU on the air
Texas-Pan American (12-12, 3-1) at Utah Valley (10-13, 1-3)
Today, 7 p.m.
UCCU Center, Orem
Radio: 960 AM
- Ranking the best fits for the Utah Jazz in...
- Ranking the best free agents in the NBA
- Morning links: Reviewing BYU's case to be...
- Brad Rock: Hatfield, Natson incidents may...
- Class of 2015: Utah high school athletes with...
- U. cornerback Hatfield arrested for...
- Wasatch Academy basketball coach Geno Morgan...
- Utah football player Dominique Hatfield...
- U. cornerback Hatfield arrested for... 90
- Morning links: Reviewing BYU's case to... 66
- Morning links: Fox Sports discusses why... 56
- Amy Donaldson: Former BYU QB Jake... 52
- Morning links: New BYU commit's late... 31
- Mendenhall's coaching tenure at BYU: A... 28
- Morning links: Damian Lillard, Paul... 28
- Brad Rock: Hatfield, Natson incidents... 27