BOISE — The Idaho Steelheads hammered in a power-play goal with 1:21 left in overtime to beat Utah 5-4 Friday night at CenturyLink Arena in a game that lasted almost three hours.
Utah finishes their season-long seven-game road trip 3-2-1-1 and collects eight of 14 standings points as they head home to open a seven-game homestand today at 7 p.m. with the Idaho Steelheads.
The wild game featured four different one-goal leads with Idaho up 1-0, 2-1, 3-2 and Utah up 4-3 in the third period. The game was tied for 40:36 minutes of the 63:39 played. The two teams combined for 89 shots, with Utah outshooting Idaho 47-42.
All four Utah goals came on the power-play with Mitch Wahl (15,16, 17) and Bryan Cameron (15) scoring.
Utah tied the game at 3 with 0.7 seconds left in the second period and took a 4-3 lead 1:34 into the third period on a Bryan Cameron goal. The Grizzlies tied the game 2:58 after falling behind 3-2. They tied the game at 2 less than two minutes into the second period as Mitch Wahl hammered home a loose puck in the crease.
Shane Owen stopped 37 of 42 shots, once again in place of the injured Andrew Engelage.
Today's game is "Pooch on the Pond" with a $20 ticket available for a dog and their companion.
UVU on the air
Texas-Pan American (12-12, 3-1) at Utah Valley (10-13, 1-3)
Today, 7 p.m.
UCCU Center, Orem
Radio: 960 AM
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's volleyball...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule...
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- Gallery of champions: All 94 state...
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team landed...
- Former Ute player among those invited to work...
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 49
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 48
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 47
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 42
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby... 24
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 12
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner... 8
- Utah State basketball: Aggie men to... 6