666 on tax form causes Christian worker to quit his job
Our take: A Tennessee man appears cursed with diabolical number 666. USA reports that Walter Slonopos is a devout Christian who quit his job after receiving a W-2 form stamped 666. It's the third time his employer has marked a personnel document with the number associated with a satanic beast described in the New Testaments Book of Revelations.
CLARKSVILLE, Tenn. -- A man said that he quit his job last week in order to save his soul.
Walter Slonopas, 52, resigned as a maintenance worker at Contech Casting LLC in Clarksville after his W-2 tax form was stamped with the number 666.
The Bible calls 666 the "number of the beast," and it's often used as a symbol of the devil. Slonopas said that after getting the W-2, he could either go to work or go to hell.
"If you accept that number, you sell your soul to the devil," he said.
Bob LaCourciere, vice president of sales and marketing for the Revstone Corp., which owns Contech Casting, said that Slonopas' W-2 was labeled with 666 by the company that handles Contech's payroll. It refers to the order in which the forms were mailed out, he said.
Read more about 666 on tax form causes Christian worker to quit his job on USA Today.
- UTubers: Returned LDS missionary part of...
- Mormon Mentions: Adam Levine praises The...
- LDS missionaries safe in Taiwan after earthquake
- Mormon Taylor Swift look-alike draws national...
- After 3rd round of Hollywood Week on...
- 'Rich and fascinating': New online database...
- Maintaining faith during LDS Church meeting...
- 'A unique insight': Jermaine Sullivan shares...
- Defending the Faith: Why the question... 35
- Obama at prayer breakfast: 'Jesus is a... 24
- Obama's take on 3 key debates about... 13
- In Our Lovely Deseret: The courtship... 12
- Bernie Sanders disappoints some... 12
- Taylor Halverson: The Book of Mormon... 7
- 'A unique insight': Jermaine Sullivan... 7
- New Harmony: Reading the pope's words... 6