666 on tax form causes Christian worker to quit his job
Our take: A Tennessee man appears cursed with diabolical number 666. USA reports that Walter Slonopos is a devout Christian who quit his job after receiving a W-2 form stamped 666. It's the third time his employer has marked a personnel document with the number associated with a satanic beast described in the New Testaments Book of Revelations.
CLARKSVILLE, Tenn. -- A man said that he quit his job last week in order to save his soul.
Walter Slonopas, 52, resigned as a maintenance worker at Contech Casting LLC in Clarksville after his W-2 tax form was stamped with the number 666.
The Bible calls 666 the "number of the beast," and it's often used as a symbol of the devil. Slonopas said that after getting the W-2, he could either go to work or go to hell.
"If you accept that number, you sell your soul to the devil," he said.
Bob LaCourciere, vice president of sales and marketing for the Revstone Corp., which owns Contech Casting, said that Slonopas' W-2 was labeled with 666 by the company that handles Contech's payroll. It refers to the order in which the forms were mailed out, he said.
Read more about 666 on tax form causes Christian worker to quit his job on USA Today.
- LDS couple with triplets expecting twins:...
- Days before deadline, brain cancer victim may...
- Royals Pitcher Jeremy Guthrie expresses...
- LDS Church confirms women's meeting now part...
- Mormons in the rodeo: LDS competitors find...
- New Harmony: Church questions? I have a dozen
- 'Meet the Mormons' an example of church...
- Partially paralyzed LDS runner completes...
- Polygamy essays provide information... 70
- Pope Francis: ‘Evolution ... 62
- Southern Baptists tell pastors: hold... 35
- Pastor who performed gay marriage keeps... 29
- New Harmony: Church questions? I have a... 20
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Using faith... 19
- Churches proceed carefully when... 16
- Defending the Faith: Doctrine and... 12