666 on tax form causes Christian worker to quit his job
Our take: A Tennessee man appears cursed with diabolical number 666. USA reports that Walter Slonopos is a devout Christian who quit his job after receiving a W-2 form stamped 666. It's the third time his employer has marked a personnel document with the number associated with a satanic beast described in the New Testaments Book of Revelations.
CLARKSVILLE, Tenn. -- A man said that he quit his job last week in order to save his soul.
Walter Slonopas, 52, resigned as a maintenance worker at Contech Casting LLC in Clarksville after his W-2 tax form was stamped with the number 666.
The Bible calls 666 the "number of the beast," and it's often used as a symbol of the devil. Slonopas said that after getting the W-2, he could either go to work or go to hell.
"If you accept that number, you sell your soul to the devil," he said.
Bob LaCourciere, vice president of sales and marketing for the Revstone Corp., which owns Contech Casting, said that Slonopas' W-2 was labeled with 666 by the company that handles Contech's payroll. It refers to the order in which the forms were mailed out, he said.
Read more about 666 on tax form causes Christian worker to quit his job on USA Today.
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest?
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- LDS Church to break ground next month for...
- New study: Mormon pioneers were safer on trek...
- Researching Family History: It's a day of a...
- Wright Words: Why I’m sorry for judging...
- LDS leaders picture quiz: Can you name that...
- New study: Mormon pioneers were safer... 68
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby... 47
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest? 40
- What does the Mormon 'temperature'... 38
- Obama will sign order barring gay,... 26
- LDS Church to break ground next month... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- What would Jesus buy? New website helps... 14