Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
Here's a recap of Thursday's high school basketball action, including Lone Peak's rout of American Fork in boys basketball and results from some important girls region-finale games
LONE PEAK 75, AMERICAN FORK 38: Eric Mika scored 19 points and T.J. Haws chipped in with 15 as Lone Peak routed American Fork at UVU to improve to 20-1. The Knights outscored American Fork 38-8 in the first half.
MONTICELLO 97, PINNACLE 57: Monticello had five players score in double-digits, led by Jake Duncan with 20 points, and the Buckaroos shot the lights out from downtown with 13 treys. Taje Richardson led the way for Pinnacle with 14 points in the loss.
GREEN RIVER 66, WHITEHORSE 52: Green River's 3-pronged scoring attack of Spencer Marshall, TJ Hughes and Jon Mendez combined for 47 points to help lift the Pirates over the Raiders. Elijah Garcia's three 3-pointers and 15 points led the way for Whitehorse in the loss.
REG. 20 TOUR
MILFORD 46, PANGUITCH 38: Milford used a strong first half to upset No. 1 seed Panguitch at the Region 20 tournament at Canyon View.
PIUTE 50, ESCALANTE 49: Piute survived a major scare from Escalante to advance to the championship game of the Region 20 tournament.
BRYCE VALLEY 52, VALLEY 39: After being upset in the first round of the Region 20 tournament, Bryce Valley bounced back with a solid victory over Valley to advance to today's 5th-play game against Wayne. Whitni Syrett led the way for the Mustangs with 16 points and nine rebounds.
WEST JORDAN 48, COPPER HILLS 45: West Jordan defeated Copper Hills in a Region 3 thriller. Markii Ashton, Haley Carle and Lejla Hadzialijagic each scored 12 points for the Jaguars in the back-and-forth game.
PLEASANT GROVE 55, LEHI 43: Pleasant Grove picked up the big road victory over Lehi behind solid performances from MeKenna Miles and Lilly Evans. Miles scored a game-high 24 points and hit three 3-pointers while Evans added 13 points and grabbed 10 boards to record the double-double.
BINGHAM 42, RIVERTON 35: Jillian Powell was outstanding for the Miners as she scored 22 points and had four makes from behind the arc to lead her team to victory. Visiting Riverton was led by Jamie Smith who scored 13 points and hit three treys.
SKY VIEW 53, LOGAN 47: Sky View had a clutch fourth quarter as it outscored visiting Logan by six. The Bobcats led by 11 at the half but the Grizzlies quickly made a game of it as the score was tied by the beginning of the decisive final period. Tara Goldman and Kendra Falslev each played well for the Bobcats, scoring 18 and 17 points, respectively.
- BYU football: Fan-developed software gives...
- Bodyguards allegedly beat up 2 fans who took...
- Utah Jazz: Team is a long shot to win NBA's...
- Deseret News to live stream Utah high school...
- High school baseball: Logan's Chase Nelson...
- Utes football recruiting: Polynesian players...
- High school baseball: 5A, 4A state tournament...
- Utah State football: New coach Matt Wells...
- Utes football recruiting: Polynesian... 125
- USA Rugby: 'What BYU won ... was a... 78
- High school baseball: 5A, 4A state... 52
- Utah Utes football: Dr. Chris Hill... 39
- Brad Rock: USU athletics can go home again 22
- Bodyguards allegedly beat up 2 fans who... 18
- Dick Harmon: BYU coach Mike Littlewood... 13
- Utah State football: New coach Matt... 11