Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
Here's a recap of Thursday's high school basketball action, including Lone Peak's rout of American Fork in boys basketball and results from some important girls region-finale games
LONE PEAK 75, AMERICAN FORK 38: Eric Mika scored 19 points and T.J. Haws chipped in with 15 as Lone Peak routed American Fork at UVU to improve to 20-1. The Knights outscored American Fork 38-8 in the first half.
MONTICELLO 97, PINNACLE 57: Monticello had five players score in double-digits, led by Jake Duncan with 20 points, and the Buckaroos shot the lights out from downtown with 13 treys. Taje Richardson led the way for Pinnacle with 14 points in the loss.
GREEN RIVER 66, WHITEHORSE 52: Green River's 3-pronged scoring attack of Spencer Marshall, TJ Hughes and Jon Mendez combined for 47 points to help lift the Pirates over the Raiders. Elijah Garcia's three 3-pointers and 15 points led the way for Whitehorse in the loss.
REG. 20 TOUR
MILFORD 46, PANGUITCH 38: Milford used a strong first half to upset No. 1 seed Panguitch at the Region 20 tournament at Canyon View.
PIUTE 50, ESCALANTE 49: Piute survived a major scare from Escalante to advance to the championship game of the Region 20 tournament.
BRYCE VALLEY 52, VALLEY 39: After being upset in the first round of the Region 20 tournament, Bryce Valley bounced back with a solid victory over Valley to advance to today's 5th-play game against Wayne. Whitni Syrett led the way for the Mustangs with 16 points and nine rebounds.
WEST JORDAN 48, COPPER HILLS 45: West Jordan defeated Copper Hills in a Region 3 thriller. Markii Ashton, Haley Carle and Lejla Hadzialijagic each scored 12 points for the Jaguars in the back-and-forth game.
BRIGHTON 49, COTTONWOOD 44: Brighton put away Cottonwood on the road in a close overtime game. Maddy Chin and Lindsey Johnson provided a one-two punch for the Bengals as they each scored 17 points.
PLEASANT GROVE 55, LEHI 43: Pleasant Grove picked up the big road victory over Lehi behind solid performances from MeKenna Miles and Lilly Evans. Miles scored a game-high 24 points and hit three 3-pointers while Evans added 13 points and grabbed 10 boards to record the double-double.
BINGHAM 42, RIVERTON 35: Jillian Powell was outstanding for the Miners as she scored 22 points and had four makes from behind the arc to lead her team to victory. Visiting Riverton was led by Jamie Smith who scored 13 points and hit three treys.
SKY VIEW 53, LOGAN 47: Sky View had a clutch fourth quarter as it outscored visiting Logan by six. The Bobcats led by 11 at the half but the Grizzlies quickly made a game of it as the score was tied by the beginning of the decisive final period. Tara Goldman and Kendra Falslev each played well for the Bobcats, scoring 18 and 17 points, respectively.
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and often...
- Jennifer Hamson to lace it up for BYU one...
- Penn State sweeps BYU for a record seventh...
- Injured Tyler Haws could play when BYU hosts...
- Dick Harmon: Execution, not words, will crown...
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- The Cougars and their coach's ’stache...
- Utah State caps historic season with win over...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 61
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 40
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28