Laura Seitz, Deseret News
Proposals to reduce gun violence by banning certain "assault" weapons and limiting magazine capacity to 10 rounds or less makes about as much sense as proposing to reduce drunk driver violence by banning certain "assault" vehicles and limiting fuel tank capacity to 10 gallons or less. Both will have no impact on the state of mind or behavior leading to the violence.
- Letter: Climate change is unjustified rhetoric
- Letter: We can do better
- John Florez: Teach our children the love of...
- In our opinion: Navajo Nation looks to combat...
- David Butterfield: Utah boxing legends...
- In our opinion: Recent drowning of 800...
- My view: Problems with Rep. Mike Noel’s...
- Jay Evensen: U.S. silence troubling amid...
- Richard Davis: A historic moment for... 60
- Jay Evensen: U.S. silence troubling... 58
- Letter: Fair living wage 33
- Letter: Climate change is unjustified... 31
- In our opinion: Time to separate food... 25
- A. Scott Anderson: Overregulation hurts... 25
- Letter: We can do better 25
- Letter: Pledge for respect 24