Laura Seitz, Deseret News
Proposals to reduce gun violence by banning certain "assault" weapons and limiting magazine capacity to 10 rounds or less makes about as much sense as proposing to reduce drunk driver violence by banning certain "assault" vehicles and limiting fuel tank capacity to 10 gallons or less. Both will have no impact on the state of mind or behavior leading to the violence.
- 19 songs to consider as replacements for the...
- Ralph Hancock: Society cannot 'progress'...
- Jay Evensen: U2's 'free' album highlights...
- In our opinion: Accountability, expectations...
- My view: Medicaid will sting Beehive State's...
- Letter: Moral decline
- Letter: My sons
- Kathleen Parker: Mark Sanford's ongoing saga...
- Letter: Moral decline 89
- Ralph Hancock: Society cannot... 69
- Brian S. Brown: In defending marriage,... 57
- In our opinion: Some universities... 46
- Politico Magazine: If Mitt Romney runs... 44
- Robert Bennett: Obama should not move... 40
- My view: Government broadband spells... 28
- In our opinion: Revisiting racial... 25