Laura Seitz, Deseret News
Proposals to reduce gun violence by banning certain "assault" weapons and limiting magazine capacity to 10 rounds or less makes about as much sense as proposing to reduce drunk driver violence by banning certain "assault" vehicles and limiting fuel tank capacity to 10 gallons or less. Both will have no impact on the state of mind or behavior leading to the violence.
- 33 Mark Twain quotes that prove he was an...
- Charles Krauthammer: The nation expects...
- My view: The best legislation meets all sides
- A. Scott Anderson: Give students skills that...
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges...
- My view: Deeper look at Utah’s...
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a liberal?
- Letter: Give her time
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 152
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a... 75
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation... 43
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges... 36
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 30
- My view: The best legislation meets all... 30
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell 29
- Letter: Legal weapons on campus 29