Laura Seitz, Deseret News
Proposals to reduce gun violence by banning certain "assault" weapons and limiting magazine capacity to 10 rounds or less makes about as much sense as proposing to reduce drunk driver violence by banning certain "assault" vehicles and limiting fuel tank capacity to 10 gallons or less. Both will have no impact on the state of mind or behavior leading to the violence.
- My view: New labor rule may harm Utah's...
- Letter: Constitutional republic
- Jay Evensen: Utah's homeless problem still rages
- Dan Liljenquist: Confronting Saudi Arabia's...
- Letter: Public lands
- In our opinion: Troops in Syria makes sense
- Kathleen Parker: Karma tastes rich in new,...
- Letter: Utah GOP divided