Laura Seitz, Deseret News
Proposals to reduce gun violence by banning certain "assault" weapons and limiting magazine capacity to 10 rounds or less makes about as much sense as proposing to reduce drunk driver violence by banning certain "assault" vehicles and limiting fuel tank capacity to 10 gallons or less. Both will have no impact on the state of mind or behavior leading to the violence.
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Shurtleff,...
- Jay's Jokes: Trump's true identity is Batman
- In our opinion: Utah's unique response to the...
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day
- Ralph Becker: Reaching for the best of the...
- George F. Will: Adding Pence the pliable to...
- My view: Supporting Utah's public education...
- Charles Krauthammer: Notes from Cleveland:...
- Richard Davis: What will Americans... 39
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 36
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 34
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day 30
- Letter: Acting presidential 28
- Letter: Cruz took a stand 25
- My view: Reform coal leasing policies... 22
- In our opinion: Planned Parenthood... 22