Laura Seitz, Deseret News
Proposals to reduce gun violence by banning certain "assault" weapons and limiting magazine capacity to 10 rounds or less makes about as much sense as proposing to reduce drunk driver violence by banning certain "assault" vehicles and limiting fuel tank capacity to 10 gallons or less. Both will have no impact on the state of mind or behavior leading to the violence.
- John Florez: Businesses should help pay for...
- Letter: No labels in 2016?
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics reflects...
- Letter: Our public lands
- My view: Your family stories have the power...
- Dan Liljenquist: What we learned from the...
- In our opinion: Research suggests that...
- In our opinion: Legislators need to better...
- Richard Davis: Do presidents have to be... 56
- My view: Get insurance out of health care 49
- My view: Obama's veto won't save Obamacare 35
- In our opinion: Attempting to... 32
- My view: 'Death with dignity' and... 29
- In our opinion: Concerned voters a good... 23
- Dan Liljenquist: What we learned from... 19
- Mantua speed trap 17