Laura Seitz, Deseret News
Proposals to reduce gun violence by banning certain "assault" weapons and limiting magazine capacity to 10 rounds or less makes about as much sense as proposing to reduce drunk driver violence by banning certain "assault" vehicles and limiting fuel tank capacity to 10 gallons or less. Both will have no impact on the state of mind or behavior leading to the violence.
- My view: UDOT listened, made a good choice
- Letters: Move to the center
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should keep up...
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus vote
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- Comprehensive immigration reform or bust
- In our opinion: Susan Cox Powell's case is...
- Search for extraterrestrial life goes on,...
- Letters: No welfare, ever 70
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus... 32
- Letter: The real death panel:... 30
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate 29
- Letters: Move to the center 26
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation... 25
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should... 22
- Robert J. Samuelson: Can Americans stem... 20